Laura L Tosi
Affiliation: Children's National Medical Center
- Does sex matter in musculoskeletal health? A workshop reportLaura L Tosi
Division of Orthopaedics, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Orthop Clin North Am 37:523-9. 2006..This article serves as a prelude and introduction to the issue and provides a synopsis of the workshop findings...
- The American Orthopaedic Association's "own the bone" initiative to prevent secondary fracturesLaura L Tosi
Bone Health Program, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue N W, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:163-73. 2008....
- Adults with cerebral palsy: a workshop to define the challenges of treating and preventing secondary musculoskeletal and neuromuscular complications in this rapidly growing populationLaura L Tosi
Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 51:2-11. 2009....
- Hormonal modulation of connective tissue homeostasis and sex differences in risk for osteoarthritis of the kneeBarbara D Boyan
Isis Research Network on Musculoskeletal Health, Society for Women s Health Research, 1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite 601, Washington, DC, 20036, USA
Biol Sex Differ 4:3. 2013..This paper discusses these gaps in knowledge and suggests remedies...
- Does sex matter in musculoskeletal health? The influence of sex and gender on musculoskeletal healthLaura L Tosi
Division of Orthopaedics, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue N W, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:1631-47. 2005
- Wound care challenges in children and adults with spina bifida: an open-cohort studyKatherine Ottolini
George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
J Pediatr Rehabil Med 6:1-10. 2013..These findings have led to a focused effort to increase wound education and prevention. In addition we report on our early experience using a wound care specialist to champion this initiative...
- Mechanical contributors to sex differences in idiopathic knee osteoarthritisDaniel P Nicolella
Isis Research Network on Musculoskeletal Health, Society for Women s Health Research, Washington, DC, 20036, USA
Biol Sex Differ 3:28. 2012..We identify gaps in knowledge related to mechanical influences on the sex differences in knee OA...
- Bone quality: educational tools for patients, physicians, and educatorsJunaid Shams
George Washington University School of Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:2248-59. 2011..Educational resources such as the Web can help clinicians and patients better understand fracture risk, communicate effectively, and make decisions concerning diagnosis and treatment...
- Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry interpretation and reporting in children and adolescents: the 2007 ISCD Pediatric Official PositionsCatherine M Gordon
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Densitom 11:43-58. 2008..The rationale and evidence for development of the Official Positions are provided. Given the sparse data currently available in many of these areas, it is likely that these positions will change over time as new data become available...
- Sports injuries in women: sex- and gender-based differences in etiology and preventionKimberly J Templeton
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Instr Course Lect 57:539-52. 2008..It is also necessary to examine those areas in which more information is needed, such as injuries to the shoulder, foot, and ankle...
- An AOA critical issue. The future of the orthopaedic surgeon-proceduralist or keeper of the musculoskeletal system?Scott D Boden
The Emory Spine Center, 59 Executive Park Drive, Suite 3000, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:2812-21. 2005
- Fragility fractures: the fall and decline of bone health. Commentary on "Interventions to improve osteoporosis treatment following hip fracture" by Gardner et AlLaura L Tosi
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:1-2. 2005