Affiliation: Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute
- Mobile food vending and the after-school food environmentJune M Tester
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital and Research Center, Oakland, California 94609, USA
Am J Prev Med 38:70-3. 2010..Mobile food vendors are an understudied aspect of the food environment in U.S. urban areas...
- Dyslipidemia and Food Security in Low-Income US Adolescents: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2003-2010June M Tester
UCSF Benioff Children s Hospital Oakland, 747 52nd St, Oakland, CA 94609 Email
Prev Chronic Dis 13:E22. 2016..There is a gap in knowledge about the relationship between food security among youth and dyslipidemia and chronic disease. We investigated the relationship between food security status and dyslipidemia among low-income adolescents...
- Gender differences in prediabetes and insulin resistance among 1356 obese children in Northern CaliforniaJune Tester
Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, CA 94609, United States
Diabetes Metab Syndr 7:161-5. 2013..Obese children have elevated risk for developing metabolic dysfunction, and this analysis was conducted to compare obese boys and girls...
- Using mobile fruit vendors to increase access to fresh fruit and vegetables for schoolchildrenJune M Tester
Preventive Cardiology, Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, 747 52nd St, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E102. 2012..5 fewer nonnutritious foods by a competing vendor. Policies encouraging the sale of nutritious foods from mobile food vendors may increase access for schoolchildren...
- Making the playfields even: evaluating the impact of an environmental intervention on park use and physical activityJune Tester
School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, CA, USA
Prev Med 48:316-20. 2009..We examined visitation and PA levels in two San Francisco parks in low-income neighborhoods that underwent field renovations, one of which was part of a parks initiative to improve family and youth involvement...
- An analysis of public health policy and legal issues relevant to mobile food vendingJune M Tester
Department of Preventive Cardiology, Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Am J Public Health 100:2038-46. 2010..Using these regulatory features as a framework, we highlight existing examples of "healthy vending policies" to describe how mobile food vending can be used to increase access to nutritious food for vulnerable populations...
- Healthy food availability and participation in WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) in food stores around lower- and higher-income elementary schoolsJune M Tester
Division of Preventive Cardiology, Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, 747 52nd Street, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Public Health Nutr 14:960-4. 2011....