Lori A Styles
Affiliation: Children's Hospital and Research Center
- Transfusion prevents acute chest syndrome predicted by elevated secretory phospholipase A2Lori A Styles
Department of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Br J Haematol 136:343-4. 2007..026, Odds ratio = 23.6, 95% confidence interval 1, 557). This study suggests that transfusion may prevent ACS...
- Refining the value of secretory phospholipase A2 as a predictor of acute chest syndrome in sickle cell disease: results of a feasibility study (PROACTIVE)Lori Styles
Pediatric Sickle Cell Program, Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, CA, USA
Br J Haematol 157:627-36. 2012..The hurdles identified in PROACTIVE should facilitate design of a larger, definitive, phase 3 randomized controlled trial...
- Serum C-reactive protein parallels secretory phospholipase A2 in sickle cell disease patients with vasoocclusive crisis or acute chest syndromeEmilee M Bargoma
Blood 105:3384-5. 2005
- Predictors of fetal hemoglobin response in children with sickle cell anemia receiving hydroxyurea therapyRussell E Ware
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Blood 99:10-4. 2002..The HbF response to hydroxyurea is variable and complex, however, and even children with low baseline %HbF values can develop substantial increases in %HbF at MTD...
- Effect of hydroxyurea on growth in children with sickle cell anemia: results of the HUG-KIDS StudyWinfred C Wang
Hematology Division, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Pediatr 140:225-9. 2002..We report the growth characteristics of patients in the Phase I-II pediatric hydroxyurea trial (HUG-KIDS) before and during treatment at the maximum tolerated dose for one year...
- STROKE RISK IN CHILDREN WITH SICKLE CELL ANEMIALori Styles; Fiscal Year: 2002..Development of a new PCR-based multiplex assay strip specifically for use in assessing stroke risk in children with SCA. ..
- Chlamydia Infection as a Risk Factor for Cerebrovascula*Lori Styles; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data gained in this proposal would provide the preliminary data necessary to justify further clinical trials. ..
- Arginine as Prophylactic Therapy in Sickle Cell DiseaseLori Styles; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dr. Styles also plans to develop a new clinical fellowship program which will focus on training new investigators specifically for clinical research in SCD. ..