Sylvia T Singer
Affiliation: Children's Hospital and Research Center
- Fetal haemoglobin augmentation in E/beta(0) thalassaemia: clinical and haematological outcomeSylvia T Singer
Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Br J Haematol 131:378-88. 2005..Continuous monitoring of toxicity and growth is required...
- Variable clinical phenotypes of alpha-thalassemia syndromesSylvia Titi Singer
Hematology Oncology Department, Children s Hospital and Research Center CHRCO, Oakland, CA, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 9:615-25. 2009..The high prevalence of the carrier state and the burden of these diseases (and other alpha-thalassemia variants) call for more attention for improved screening methods and better care...
- Hydroxycarbamide-induced changes in E/beta thalassemia red blood cellsSylvia T Singer
Hematology Oncology Department and Clinical Research Center at Oakland, CA, USA
Am J Hematol 83:842-5. 2008..These findings underscore the disappointing results of hydroxyurea treatment in clinical trials and the importance of examining the effect on RBC characteristics for the development and understanding of HbF-enhancing agents...
- Reproductive capacity in iron overloaded women with thalassemia majorSylvia T Singer
Department of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Center, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Blood 118:2878-81. 2011..AMH can be useful in future studies aiming at improved chelation for fertility preservation, whereas NTBI and labile plasma iron may be valuable for monitoring iron effect on the reproductive system...
- Pulmonary hypertension in thalassemia: association with platelet activation and hypercoagulable stateSylvia T Singer
Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, Hematology Oncology Department, Oakland, CA 94609 1808, USA
Am J Hematol 81:670-5. 2006..This study underscores the role of platelet activation in the development of PAH and stresses its occurrence even among patients who are regularly transfused, especially those who are older and have had splenectomies...
- Single and combination drug therapy for fetal hemoglobin augmentation in hemoglobin E-beta 0-thalassemia: Considerations for treatmentSylvia T Singer
Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, 747 52nd St, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1054:250-6. 2005..After 5 years of follow-up, a subset of patients remained off transfusions. Hydroxyurea should be considered for a subset of Hb E-beta 0-thalassemia patients...
- Heterogeneity of hemoglobin H disease in childhoodAshutosh Lal
Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
N Engl J Med 364:710-8. 2011..Early diagnosis during newborn screening or infancy has enabled the observation of the natural history of hemoglobin H disease, a subtype of α-thalassemia...
- Clinical hemoglobinopathies: iron, lungs and new bloodClaudia R Morris
Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 13:407-18. 2006..As a result, chronic health impairments that significantly reduce the quality of life such as pulmonary hypertension and the consequences of transfusional iron overload have become principal challenges...
- Fertility potential in thalassemia major women: current findings and future diagnostic toolsSylvia T Singer
Hematology Oncology Department, Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, California, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1202:226-30. 2010....
- Outcomes of preimplantation genetic diagnosis therapy in treatment of beta-thalassemia: A retrospective analysisNaveen Qureshi
Department of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, 747 52nd St, 2nd Floor, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1054:500-3. 2005..Improvements in PGD therapy's efficacy and cost will make this a more viable option for affected families...
- Measuring chromosome breaks in patients with thalassemiaTal Offer
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1054:439-44. 2005..Our findings indicate that higher levels of micronuclei frequencies are present in thalassemic RBCs...
- Pulmonary Hypertension in ThalassemiaSYLVIA SINGER; Fiscal Year: 2007....