Russell E Scheffer
Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Concurrent ADHD and bipolar disorderRussell E Scheffer
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Kansas University Medical Center Wichita, 1010 North Kansas, Wichita, KS 67214 3199, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 9:415-9. 2007..Although much symptomatic overlap exists between ADHD and BPD, these conditions can be reliably differentiated from each other and require independent treatments that frequently need to be sequenced...
- Psychopharmacology: clinical implications of brain neurochemistryRussell E Scheffer
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, 9000 West Wisconsin Avenue, MS 750, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 53:767-75. 2006..There is growing evidence that the consequences of not treating serious psychiatric illnesses outweigh known risks of the medications. Prescription practices should endeavor to limit adverse consequences whenever possible...
- Abnormal neurological signs at the onset of psychosisRussell E Scheffer
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Schizophr Res 70:19-26. 2004....
- The diagnosis of preschool bipolar disorder presenting with mania: open pharmacological treatmentR E Scheffer
Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 9000 West Wisconsin Blvd, MS 750, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1997, USA
J Affect Disord 82:S25-34. 2004..While children with BPD are extremely dysfunctional, presenting symptoms and symptom expression remains to be further defined. Clarification of the presentation of BPD in children could result in better treatment...
- Concurrent medical conditions with pediatric bipolar disorderRussell E Scheffer
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 20:398-401. 2007..This report is particularly relevant and timely due to the chronic nature of bipolar disorder and the profound impact on health that its treatments can bring. This evolving area needs to be understood to maximize clinical outcomes...
- Reduced erythrocyte membrane essential fatty acids and increased lipid peroxides in schizophrenia at the never-medicated first-episode of psychosis and after years of treatment with antipsychoticsMohammad M Khan
Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Schizophr Res 58:1-10. 2002..These findings may have a significant impact on improving strategies for supplementation of EPUFAs and antioxidants to improve the outcome of schizophrenia...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of mixed amphetamine salts for symptoms of comorbid ADHD in pediatric bipolar disorder after mood stabilization with divalproex sodiumRussell E Scheffer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:58-64. 2005....
- Childhood onset bipolar disorder: a role for early recognition and treatmentRussell E Scheffer
J Pediatr 150:459-60. 2007