Margaret M Samyn
Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Guidelines and protocols for cardiovascular magnetic resonance in children and adults with congenital heart disease: SCMR expert consensus group on congenital heart diseaseSohrab Fratz
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Congenital Heart Disease, Deutsches Herzzentrum München German Heart Center Munich of the Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:51. 2013..Variations in practice are highlighted and expert consensus recommendations are provided. Indications and appropriate use criteria for CMR examination are not specifically addressed...
- Restrictive versus nonrestrictive physiology following repair of tetralogy of Fallot: is there a difference?Margaret M Samyn
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 26:746-55. 2013..The aim of this study was to characterize clinical differences between restrictive and nonrestrictive RV physiology in young patients with repaired TOF...
- Successful congenital heart surgery for a toddler with idiopathic infantile arterial calcificationMargaret M Samyn
Herma Heart Center, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 53226, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 31:1096-9. 2010..This 27-month-old Hispanic American boy with IIAC successfully underwent cardiothoracic surgery for severe pulmonary valve (PV) stenosis after unsuccessful balloon valvotomy in the cardiac catheterization laboratory...
- Including aortic valve morphology in computational fluid dynamics simulations: initial findings and application to aortic coarctationDavid C Wendell
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
Med Eng Phys 35:723-35. 2013..The impact of AoV can now be included with CFD simulations to identify regions of deleterious hemodynamics thereby advancing simulations of the thoracic aorta one step closer to reality...
- Children and adolescents with repaired tetralogy of fallot report quality of life similar to healthy peersElena N Kwon
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:18-27. 2011..The study aims to evaluate and compare self-reported and parent proxy-reported quality of life (QOL) in pediatric patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) and determine relationships with residual disease...
- Computational simulations demonstrate altered wall shear stress in aortic coarctation patients treated by resection with end-to-end anastomosisJohn F LaDisa
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University, Children s Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin, 1515 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:432-43. 2011..Resection with end-to-end anastomosis (RWEA) is the gold standard for coarctation of the aorta (CoA) repair, but may lead to altered WSS indices that contribute to morbidity...
- Infant cardiac magnetic resonance imaging using oscillatory ventilation: safe and effectiveAlicia H Chaves
The Herma Heart Center, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 34:1201-5. 2013..HFOV during CMR is feasible and well tolerated. Image quality is equivalent to that obtained with conventional ventilation with breath-holding technique and allows shorter cine scan times for some sequences...