Leticia M Ryan
Affiliation: Children's National Medical Center
- Recognition and management of pediatric fractures by pediatric residentsLeticia Manning Ryan
Division of Emergency Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, 111 Michigan Ave NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Pediatrics 114:1530-3. 2004..However, requirements for training in orthopedics and radiology are poorly defined in pediatric residency programs...
- Prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency in African American children with forearm fractures: a preliminary studyLeticia Manning Ryan
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 30:106-9. 2010..The relationship between vitamin D status and childhood forearm fracture has not been investigated...
- Epidemiology of pediatric forearm fractures in Washington, DCLeticia Manning Ryan
Center for Clinical and Community Research, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Trauma 69:S200-5. 2010..Our objective is to characterize the epidemiology of forearm fractures in Washington, DC, children evaluated in an urban pediatric emergency department (ED)...
- Forearm fractures in children and bone healthLeticia M Ryan
Children s National Medical Center, Division of Emergency Medicine, Center for Clinical and Community Research, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 17:530-4. 2010..Summary highlighting the evidence that bone health may affect forearm fracture risk in children...
- High prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among inner-city African American youth with asthma in Washington, DCRobert J Freishtat
Center for Genetic Medicine Research, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Pediatr 156:948-52. 2010..The goal of this study was to examine the prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency and deficiency among urban African-American (AA) youth with asthma compared with control subjects without asthma...
- Does prearrival communication from a poison center to an emergency department decrease time to activated charcoal for pediatric poisoning?Rachel E Tuuri
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:1045-51. 2011..Activated charcoal (AC) is one intervention for some poisonings. This study examined whether children with a poisoning who were preannounced by a poison center received AC earlier than patients without a referral...
- Drowning and near-drowning in children and adolescents: a succinct review for emergency physicians and nursesAmy E Burford
Emergency Physician, Riverside Regional Medical Center, Newport News, VA, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 21:610-6; quiz 617-9. 2005
- Analysis of Bone Health in African American Children with Forearm FracturesLETICIA RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results of this research could promote effective prevention through screening and the expansion of injury prevention strategies to recognize underlying medical conditions contributing to risk. ..