Affiliation: Children's Mercy Hospital
- Lifetime cardiovascular risk of childhood obesityGeetha Raghuveer
Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, and The University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1514S-1519S. 2010..The effect of risk factor modification on the vasculature will continue to be a resource for the direction of evidence-based therapy in obese children...
- "Vascular age" is advanced in children with atherosclerosis-promoting risk factorsJoseph Le
School of Medicine and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Missouri Kansas City and the Department of Pediatrics, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:8-14. 2010..Adult CIMT percentile tables were used for comparison because normative CIMT data for children are limited...
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with atherosclerosis-promoting risk factor clustering but not vascular damage in childrenNikoo Cheraghi
University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Med Sci Monit 18:CR687-92. 2012..Our objective was to determine whether there is a correlation between vitamin D, cardiometabolic risk, vascular distensibility and carotid artery intima-media thickness (CIMT) in high-risk children...
- Variations in carotid artery intima-media thickness during the cardiac cycle in childrenSpencer Menees
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:58-63. 2010..The aim of this study was to ascertain variations, if any, in CIMT during the cardiac cycle in a population of high-risk children...
- Berry syndrome: a possible genetic linkNatalie Jayaram
Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 34:1511-3. 2013..Berry syndrome can be diagnosed accurately by transthoracic echocardiogram and CT. There may be an underlying genetic etiology, and this possibility warrants further investigation...
- Societal solutions to childhood origins of coronary artery diseaseHeather Doss
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 24:1-3. 2013..Reforms to federal and state managed social welfare programs provide a compelling opportunity to affect the course and consequences of childhood obesity...