Affiliation: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Rifaximin for preventing acute graft-versus-host disease: impact on plasma markers of inflammation and T-cell activationMuna Qayed
AFLAC Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 35:e149-52. 2013..This suggests that rifaximin may abrogate bacterial translocation and resultant inflammation, but in alternative donor transplants this does not prevent downstream activation of donor T cells...
- Is the updated Schwartz formula appropriate for assessing renal function prior to hematopoietic stem cell transplantation?Muna Qayed
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Emory University and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:199-201. 2010..Agreement between both formulas and DTPA-Tc-(99m) was poor, although the updated formula performed marginally better. The Schwartz formulas do not appear to be accurate enough to be used for pre-transplant kidney function evaluation...
- Gemcitabine and docetaxel (GEMDOX) for the treatment of relapsed and refractory pediatric sarcomasLouis Rapkin
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, AFLAC Cancer Center, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:854-8. 2012..Patients with relapsed pediatric sarcomas have a poor outcome and are in need of novel effective therapies...
- Ewing sarcoma with 7;22 translocation: three new cases and clinicopathological characterizationSarah Catherine Shulman
Department of Pathology, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Fetal Pediatr Pathol 31:341-8. 2012..In comparison to conventional ES with t(11;22) (q24;q12) (EWS-FLI1), the t(7;22) ES variant has a higher propensity for females and children in a younger age group and it occurs more commonly in extraosseous locations...
- Tandem stem cell rescue as consolidation therapy for high-risk neuroblastomaMuna Qayed
AFLAC Cancer Center, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Emory University and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 58:448-52. 2012..We retrospectively describe our institutional experience in using HDC/SCR for patients with high-risk NB, focusing on outcome and acute toxicities...