Affiliation: Children's Memorial Hospital
- Depression in children and adolescents with epilepsySigita Plioplys
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:S39-45. 2003..The early identification and treatment of childhood-onset depression is an important clinical task for all pediatric specialists. Safe and effective multimodal treatment approaches are available...
- Consensus statement: the evaluation and treatment of people with epilepsy and affective disordersJohn J Barry
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
Epilepsy Behav 13:S1-29. 2008..Recommendations are based on the general depression literature as well as epilepsy-specific studies. It is hoped that this document will improve the overall detection and subsequent treatment of affective illnesses in PWE...
- 10-year research update review: psychiatric problems in children with epilepsySigita Plioplys
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1389-402. 2007..To critically review literature published from 1996 to 2007 on psychopathology in children with epilepsy (CWE)...
- Multidisciplinary management of pediatric nonepileptic seizuresSigita Plioplys
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1491-5. 2007
- Pediatric psychogenic nonepileptic seizures: a study of assessment toolsJay A Salpekar
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Epilepsy Behav 17:50-5. 2010..Increased somatic awareness and perceived disability emphasize the similarity of PNES to other pediatric somatoform disorders...
- Epilepsy and autism: is there a special relationship?Anne T Berg
Epilepsy Center, Children s Memorial Hospital, 2300 Children s Plaza, Box 29, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Epilepsy Behav 23:193-8. 2012....
- Multidisciplinary approach to childhood epilepsy: exploring the scientific rationale and practical aspects of implementationJoshua Goldstein
Epilepsy Center, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Child Neurol 19:362-78. 2004..Many elements of the multidisciplinary team approach can be instituted by the child neurologist in community practice and at large, specialized epilepsy centers...
- Pharmacological management of a youth with ADHD and a seizure disorderJoseph Gonzalez-Heydrich
Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1527-32. 2006
- Psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents who have epilepsyJana E Jones
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, USA
Pediatr Rev 29:e9-14. 2008