Maurice R G O'Gorman
Affiliation: Children's Memorial Hospital
- Cytokine expression profiles of immune imbalance in post-mononucleosis chronic fatigueGordon Broderick
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, WMC 2E4 41 WC Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre, 8440 112 Street, Edmonton, AB T6G 2R7, Canada
J Transl Med 10:191. 2012..We studied 301 adolescents prospectively over 24 months following the diagnosis of monospot-positive infectious mononucleosis (IM). We found an incidence of CFS at 6, 12 and 24 months of 13%, 7% and 4% respectively...
- Ethnic and geographical differences in HLA associations with the outcome of hepatitis C virus infectionJane H Wang
Division of Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
Virol J 6:46. 2009..The association of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) genes with the outcome of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection may be modified by ethnic and geographical differences...
- Flow cytometry assays in primary immunodeficiency diseasesMaurice R G O'Gorman
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Methods Mol Biol 699:317-35. 2011..e., detection of lymphocyte subset abnormalities, lymphocyte "marker" abnormalities, and leukocyte function abnormalities...
- Recent developments related to the laboratory diagnosis of primary immunodeficiency diseasesMaurice R G O'Gorman
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University and the Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 20:688-97. 2008..This review provides an overview of current information directly and indirectly related to the laboratory diagnosis of PIDs...
- In vitro assays of allosensitizationUdeme D Ekong
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Pediatr Transplant 13:25-34. 2009..This review will summarize in vitro assays of T cell reactivity that reflect allo-antigen-specific responses...
- Favorable outcome for infant acute lymphoblastic leukemia after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationDavid A Jacobsohn
Northwestern University, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:999-1005. 2005..The risk of relapse seems to be decreased with this approach. Further work is being performed to determine the long-term effects from this therapy...
- Role of flow cytometry in the diagnosis and monitoring of primary immunodeficiency diseaseMaurice R G O'Gorman
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin Lab Med 27:591-626, vii. 2007..After each list, individual diseases that are amenable to assessment by flow cytometry are reviewed with a brief clinical description and a discussion of the appropriate flow cytometry application...
- CD4 T cell measurements in the management of antiretroviral therapy--A review with an emphasis on pediatric HIV-infected patientsMaurice R G O'Gorman
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 74:S19-26. 2008..This review will summarize the current guidelines for the use of CD4 testing in HIV-1 infected infants and the potential for the CD4:CD8 ratio to be used as a surrogate of HIV-1 infection in resource limited settings...
- Probiotic preparation VSL#3 alters the distribution and phenotypes of dendritic cells within the intestinal mucosa in C57BL/10J miceXiao Wang
Center for Digestive Diseases and Immunobiology, Children s Memorial Research Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60614 3394, USA
J Nutr 139:1595-602. 2009..These changes may be important in the alteration of mucosal immunity following probiotic VSL#3 therapy...
- Serum neopterin levels as a diagnostic marker of hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis syndromeMaria F Ibarra
Division of Rheumatology, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:609-14. 2011..Serum neopterin has value as a diagnostic marker of HLH, and prospective studies are under way to further evaluate its role as a marker for early diagnosis and management of patients...
- Lymphocyte activation markers may predict the presence of donor specific alloreactivity in pediatric living related liver transplant recipientsUdeme D Ekong
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hum Immunol 72:392-7. 2011..In conclusion, CD69 and CD71 cell surface expression with interferon-γ secretion can be used to identify two distinct populations in pediatric LT recipients. Both active regulation and anergy underlie donor specific hyporesponsiveness...
- Induction of a transient graft vs. leukemia effect following unrelated cord blood transplantationPaul R Haut
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, North Western University Medical School, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatr Transplant 6:348-51. 2002..In summary, the GvL effect is seen with allogeneic UCB transplantation and has the potential to be induced along with GvHD...
- Treatment of relapsed Wilms' tumor with high-dose therapy and autologous hematopoietic stem-cell rescue: the experience at Children's Memorial HospitalAndrew D Campbell
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2885-90. 2004..To investigate whether high-dose therapy with hematopoietic stem-cell rescue (HSCR) will improve survival for patients with relapsed Wilms' tumor...
- Treatment of high-risk neuroblastoma with triple-tandem high-dose therapy and stem-cell rescue: results of the Chicago Pilot II StudyMorris Kletzel
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:2284-92. 2002....