Affiliation: Children's National Medical Center
- An unusual presentation of perinatally transmitted hepatitis CP Mohan
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington DC 20001, USA
Arch Dis Child 88:160-1. 2003..The difficulties in establishing the diagnosis and the importance of confirmatory testing for HCV in cryptogenic liver disease are discussed...
- Clinical spectrum and histopathologic features of chronic hepatitis C infection in childrenParvathi Mohan
Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Pediatr 150:168-74, 174.e1. 2007..To define the natural history and outcomes of children infected with hepatitis C virus (HCV) at birth or in early childhood...
- The epidemiology of transfusion-associated hepatitis C in a children's hospitalNaomi L C Luban
Division of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Transfusion 47:615-20. 2007..To determine the prevalence of HCV infection and risks associated with acquisition of HCV, a single-institution lookback study was performed...
- Dental floss ingestion requiring endoscopic retrievalN Crain
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 16:339-40. 2000..We report an unusual case of a toddler who ingested dental floss and who subsequently was intubated in a community ED prior to transfer to our pediatric tertiary care center for endoscopic removal of the foreign body...
- Pathology of chronic hepatitis C in children: liver biopsy findings in the Peds-C TrialZachary D Goodman
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology and Veterans Administration Special Reference Laboratory for Pathology, Washington, DC, USA
Hepatology 47:836-43. 2008....
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease and congenital hepatic fibrosis: summary statement of a first National Institutes of Health/Office of Rare Diseases conferenceMeral Gunay-Aygun
National Human Genome Research Institute, the Molecular Imaging Program, National Cancer Institute, The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1851, USA
J Pediatr 149:159-64. 2006
- Safety, efficacy and pharmacokinetics of peginterferon alpha2a (40 kd) in children with chronic hepatitis CKathleen B Schwarz
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:499-505. 2006..In conclusion, our findings provide a basis for larger studies evaluating the efficacy and safety of pegINF-alpha2a as monotherapy as well as in combination with ribavirin in pediatric patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Modulation of the IL-12/IFN-gamma axis by IFN-alpha therapy for hepatitis CAdriana A Byrnes
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Leukoc Biol 81:825-34. 2007..No differences in pretreatment IL-12 productive capacity were seen between patient groups. However, therapy with IFN-alpha led to suppression of inducible IL-12 production throughout the course of therapy in both groups of patients...