Affiliation: Children's National Medical Center
- Prevalence of overweight among inner city Hispanic-American children and adolescentsNazrat M Mirza
Department of Pediatrics, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, 20010, USA
Obes Res 12:1298-310. 2004..S. Hispanics. However, the data have been primarily from the Mexican-American community. We studied the prevalence of overweight and clinical comorbidities in children and youth of predominantly El Salvadoran ancestry...
- Body dissatisfaction, self-esteem, and overweight among inner-city Hispanic children and adolescentsNazrat M Mirza
Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, and National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:267.e16-20. 2005..Higher BMI was associated with body size dissatisfaction, lower peer esteem, and attempts to lose weight. Body size dissatisfaction was also significantly related to self-esteem in these El-Salvadoran American youth...
- Effects of high and low glycemic load meals on energy intake, satiety and hunger in obese Hispanic-American youthNazrat M Mirza
Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:e523-31. 2011..However, the effects of LGL diets have not been systematically studied in obese Hispanic children, who stand to benefit from successful interventions...
- Correlates of self-worth and body size dissatisfaction among obese Latino youthNazrat M Mirza
Department of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
Body Image 8:173-8. 2011..Obesity intervention programs targeted to Latino youth need to address self-worth concerns among the youth as well as addressing maternal dissatisfaction with their children's body size...
- Student perceptions of effectiveness of the eight step preceptor (ESP) model in the ambulatory settingMary C Ottolini
Department of Pediatric Medical Education, George Washington University School of Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Teach Learn Med 22:97-101. 2010..We then determined if students perceived faculty to be more effective teachers when they incorporated more ESP components into their precepting sessions...
- Low glycemic diets in Latino children at risk for type 2 diabetesNAZRAT MIRZA; Fiscal Year: 2008..Through this career development award, Dr. Mirza expects to become established as an independent investigator and a leader in pediatric obesity and clinical nutrition. [unreadable] [unreadable]..