Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Recent reproductive coercion and unintended pregnancy among female family planning clientsElizabeth Miller
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA Electronic address
Contraception 89:122-8. 2014..The temporal nature of associations of RC and unintended pregnancy (distinct from the impact of IPV), however, has remained less clear...
- One-year follow-up of a coach-delivered dating violence prevention program: a cluster randomized controlled trialElizabeth Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Prev Med 45:108-12. 2013..One strategy for reducing such violence is to increase the likelihood that youth will intervene when they see peers engaging in disrespectful and abusive behaviors...
- "Coaching boys into men": a cluster-randomized controlled trial of a dating violence prevention programElizabeth Miller
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Adolesc Health 51:431-8. 2012..This cluster-randomized trial examined the effectiveness of a DV perpetration prevention program targeting coaches and high school male athletes...
- From genes to community: exploring translational science in adolescent health research: proceedings from a research symposiumElizabeth Miller
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Transl Sci 5:480-1. 2012....
- A family planning clinic partner violence intervention to reduce risk associated with reproductive coercionElizabeth Miller
Department of Pediatrics, UC Davis School of Medicine, Ticon II, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Contraception 83:274-80. 2011..This study examined the efficacy of a family-planning-clinic-based intervention to address intimate partner violence (IPV) and reproductive coercion...
- Gender-equitable attitudes, bystander behavior, and recent abuse perpetration against heterosexual dating partners of male high school athletesHeather L McCauley
Heather L McCauley, Maria Catrina Virata, and Elizabeth Miller are with the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA Daniel J Tancredi is with the Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis School of Medicine Jay G Silverman is with the Division of Global Public Health, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine Michele R Decker is with the Department of Population, Family, and Reproductive Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD S Bryn Austin and Marie C McCormick are with the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
Am J Public Health 103:1882-7. 2013..We assessed the relationship between gender attitudes, identified as a critical component of violence prevention, and abuse toward dating partners among adolescent male athletes...
- Adolescent relationship abuse and reproductive and sexual coercion among teensElizabeth Miller
aDivision of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC bDepartment of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 25:364-9. 2013..ARA is prevalent and is associated with multiple poor reproductive and sexual health outcomes, especially for adolescent girls...
- Intimate partner violence and health care-seeking patterns among female users of urban adolescent clinicsElizabeth Miller
Department of Pediatrics, UC Davis School of Medicine, Ticon II, 2516 Stockton Blvd, Rm 382, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Matern Child Health J 14:910-7. 2010..Patients reporting poor health status and foregone care are more likely to have experienced IPV. IPV screening and interventions tailored for female patients of adolescent clinics are needed...
- Differences in adolescent relationship abuse perpetration and gender-inequitable attitudes by sport among male high school athletesHeather L McCauley
Division of Adolescent Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Electronic address
J Adolesc Health 54:742-4. 2014..School-based athletic programs remain an important context for violence prevention efforts although a better understanding of how gender attitudes and abuse perpetration differ among athletes is needed...
- Evaluation of a gender-based violence prevention program for student athletes in Mumbai, IndiaElizabeth Miller
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
J Interpers Violence 29:758-78. 2014..Violence prevention programs which utilize coaches as positive messengers for respect and non-violence may be a useful addition to global prevention efforts to reduce violence against women...
- Pregnancy coercion, intimate partner violence and unintended pregnancyElizabeth Miller
Department of Pediatrics, UC Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Contraception 81:316-22. 2010....
- Racial disparities in human papillomavirus vaccination: does access matter?Amanda Gelman
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J Adolesc Health 53:756-62. 2013..To examine the association between race/ethnicity and human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine initiation and to determine how access to health care influences this relationship...
- Initial evaluation of a student-run fruit and vegetable business in urban high schoolsNicholas I Sikic
Pediatric Healthy Lifestyle Center, Department of Pediatrics, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, 751 South Bascom Ave, San Jose, CA 95128, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:1590-9. 2012....
- Adverse childhood experiences and risk of physical violence in adolescent dating relationshipsElizabeth Miller
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 65:1006-13. 2011..This study evaluates associations of commonly co-occurring childhood adversities with physical violence in dating relationships to identify potential strategies for refining and targeting dating violence prevention programmes...
- Exposure to partner, family, and community violence: gang-affiliated Latina women and risk of unintended pregnancyElizabeth Miller
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Urban Health 89:74-86. 2012....
- Parental report of receipt of adolescent preventive health counseling services from pediatric providersAletha Y Akers
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Magee Womens Hospital, Pittsburgh, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 94:269-75. 2014..Little is known about prevention-focused counseling health providers deliver to parents of adolescents. This study compared parental report of discussions with their adolescents' providers about a range of adolescent prevention topics...
- Visual voices: a participatory method for engaging adolescents in research and knowledge transferMichael A Yonas
Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Clin Transl Sci 6:72-7. 2013....