S L Meeks
Affiliation: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Should hemophilia treaters switch to albumin-free recombinant factor VIII concentratesShannon L Meeks
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Emory University Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 13:457-61. 2006..To discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the albumin-free recombinant factor VIII concentrates in the treatment of hemophilia A...
- Abnormalities of prothrombin: a review of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatmentS L Meeks
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Haemophilia 14:1159-63. 2008..No purified prothrombin products are available for replacement therapy. Both fresh frozen plasma and prothrombin complex concentrates contain prothrombin and may be used for treatment...
- Non-classical anti-factor VIII C2 domain antibodies are pathogenic in a murine in vivo bleeding modelS L Meeks
Department of Pediatrics, Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Thromb Haemost 7:658-64. 2009..The pathogenicity of anti-human factor (F) VIII monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) was tested in a murine bleeding model...
- Antihuman factor VIII C2 domain antibodies in hemophilia A mice recognize a functionally complex continuous spectrum of epitopes dominated by inhibitors of factor VIII activationShannon L Meeks
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Blood 110:4234-42. 2007..These results reveal the structural and functional complexity of the anti-C2 domain antibody response and indicate that interference with fVIII activation is a major attribute of the inhibitor landscape...
- Nonclassical anti-C2 domain antibodies are present in patients with factor VIII inhibitorsShannon L Meeks
Department of Pediatrics, Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University, Atlanta, GA30322, USA
Blood 112:1151-3. 2008..Most of the anti-C2 inhibitor plasmas inhibited the binding of both classical and nonclassical antibodies. These results suggest that nonclassical anti-C2 antibodies contribute significantly to the pathogenicity of fVIII inhibitors...