J A Lowry
Affiliation: Children's Mercy Hospital
- Theophylline toxicokinetics in premature newbornsJ A Lowry
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:934-9. 2001..While cytochrome P4501A2 is the primary pathway for theophylline (aminophylline ethylenediamine) metabolism in adults, it is developmentally immature in the newborn...
- Unusual presentation of iatrogenic phenytoin toxicity in a newbornJennifer A Lowry
Cardinal Glennon Regional Poison Center, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Med Toxicol 1:26-9. 2005..We report a child presenting with ileus, hypothermia and lethargy after receiving supratherapeutic dosing of phenytoin after a concentration miscalculation...
- Serum concentrations in three children with unintentional tetrahydrozoline overdoseJennifer A Lowry
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 49:434-5. 2011..We report three cases that presented with CNS depression and cardiovascular effects where serum concentrations were performed...
- 24-hour provoked urine excretion test for heavy metals in children with autism and typically developing controls, a pilot studySarah E Soden
Section of Behavioral and Developmental Sciences, Children s Mercy Hospital and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine Kansas City, Missouri USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 45:476-81. 2007..The oral chelator meso-2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) can be used diagnostically to mobilize heavy metals from extravascular pools, enhancing the identification of individuals who have a chelatable body burden...
- Cisapride: a potential model substrate to assess cytochrome P4503A4 activity in vivoJennifer A Lowry
Division of Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 73:209-22. 2003..Cisapride was compared with midazolam in vivo to determine its potential applicability as a cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 "probe." As well, we evaluated whether cisapride was transported by P-glycoprotein...