Genomes and Genes
Judy S Liu
Affiliation: Children's National Medical Center
- Molecular basis for specific regulation of neuronal kinesin-3 motors by doublecortin family proteinsJudy S Liu
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Mol Cell 47:707-21. 2012..Alteration of kinesin run length by MAPs represents a previously undiscovered mode of control of kinesin transport and provides a mechanism for regulation of MT-based transport by local signals...
- Molecular genetics of neuronal migration disordersJudy S Liu
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue, NW, Suite M7642, Washington, DC, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 11:171-8. 2011....
- Doublecortin (Dcx) family proteins regulate filamentous actin structure in developing neuronsXiaoqin Fu
Center for Neuroscience Research and Center for Genetic Medicine Research, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Neurosci 33:709-21. 2013..We show with that the phenotype of Dcx/Doublecortin-like kinase 1 deficiency is consistent with actin defect, as these axons are selectively deficient in axon guidance, but not elongation...
- Genetic interactions between doublecortin and doublecortin-like kinase in neuronal migration and axon outgrowthThomas A S Deuel
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 49:41-53. 2006..Dcx and Dclk may directly or indirectly regulate microtubule-based vesicle transport, a process critical to both neuronal migration and axon outgrowth...
- Identification of neural outgrowth genes using genome-wide RNAiKatharine J Sepp
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000111. 2008..Collectively, our results showed that RNAi phenotypes in primary neural culture can parallel in vivo phenotypes, and the screening technique can be used to identify many new genes that have important functions in the nervous system...