John A D Leake
Affiliation: Children's Hospital and Health Center
- Early detection and response to meningococcal disease epidemics in sub-Saharan Africa: appraisal of the WHO strategyJ A D Leake
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Bull World Health Organ 80:342-9. 2002....
- Pediatric acute hemorrhagic leukoencephalitis: report of a surviving patient and reviewJohn A D Leake
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, CA, 92123, USA
Clin Infect Dis 34:699-703. 2002..Pathologic diagnosis of this condition may be critical to exclude more-common processes and to expedite the decision to administer high-dose corticosteroid therapy, which is potentially lifesaving...
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis in childhood: epidemiologic, clinical and laboratory featuresJohn A D Leake
Divisions of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:756-64. 2004..The epidemiology, infectious antecedents and pathogenesis of ADEM are poorly characterized, and some ADEM patients are subsequently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Prediction of neurologic sequelae in childhood tuberculous meningitis: a review of 20 cases and proposal of a novel scoring systemAkihiko Saitoh
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:207-12. 2005..In the current era of critical care medicine and corticosteroid therapy, a new scoring system is needed to predict NS more accurately in children with TBM...
- Genetic structure of community acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus USA300Ryan Tewhey
Scripps Genomic Medicine, Scripps Translational Science Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
BMC Genomics 13:508. 2012..The broad range of disease severity may be influenced by bacterial genetic variation...
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis associated with enteroviral infectionAkihiko Saitoh
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital San Diego, University of California, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:1174-5. 2004..His symptoms improved substantially without specific therapy, and he recovered without neurologic sequelae...
- West Nile virus encephalitis with thalamic involvement in an immunocompromised childJohn C Arnold
University of California, San Diego, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:932-4. 2005..Neuroinvasive West Nile virus has been infrequently reported in the pediatric population. We report a case of severe West Nile virus encephalitis with cranial magnetic resonance imaging findings not yet described in children...
- Multicenter surveillance of invasive meningococcal infections in childrenSheldon L Kaplan
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Section, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatrics 118:e979-84. 2006..The objective of this study was to collect demographic, clinical, laboratory, and outcome information for infants and children who had Neisseria meningitidis infections of various serogroups and were cared for in 10 pediatric hospitals...