Affiliation: Children's National Medical Center
- Echocardiography as a hemodynamic monitor in critically ill childrenDarren Klugman
Department of Critical Care Medicine and Cardiology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:S50-4. 2011..The purpose of this review is to examine the scientific evidence for the usefulness of echocardiography as a hemodynamic monitoring tool in pediatric critical care...
- Pediatric patients hospitalized with myocarditis: a multi-institutional analysisDarren Klugman
Department of Pediatrics, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Cardiology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 31:222-8. 2010..Attempts at using characteristics that uniformly predict illness severity or survival were not successful. Despite increased use in the sickest patients, IVIG conferred no survival advantage...
- Postoperative complications following the Fontan procedure: the role of aprotininD Klugman
Department of Critical Care Medicine and Cardiology, Children s National Heart Institute, Children s National Medical Center, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Perfusion 26:529-35. 2011..To determine how the anti-inflammatory properties of aprotinin impact on postoperative complications in children undergoing the Fontan procedure...
- Demographics, trends, and outcomes in pediatric acute myocarditis in the United States, 2006 to 2011Sunil J Ghelani
Division of Cardiology, Division of Critical Care Medicine, and Clinical Data Operations, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 5:622-7. 2012..There is a lack of clear diagnostic and management guidelines for acute myocarditis in the pediatric population. We used a multi-institutional database to characterize demographics, practice variability, and outcomes in this population...
- Off-label drug use in a single-center pediatric cardiac intensive care unitLily A Maltz
Department of Cardiology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 4:262-6. 2013..The frequency of off-label drug use and its association with morbidity and mortality in the cardiac intensive care unit (CICU) has not been previously studied...