Jessica C Kichler
Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Exploratory analysis of the relationships among different methods of assessing adherence and glycemic control in youth with type 1 diabetes mellitusJessica C Kichler
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1997, USA
Health Psychol 31:35-42. 2012..The present study examined four methods of assessing diabetes adherence (self-report, diary measure, electronic monitoring, and provider rating) within a population of youth with Type I Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM)...
- The relationship between negative communication and body image dissatisfaction in adolescent females with Type 1 Diabetes MellitusJessica C Kichler
University of Michigan Health System, Michigan, USA
J Health Psychol 13:336-47. 2008..None of the participants endorsed omitting insulin for the purposes of weight management. This study highlights the need to address familial and individual factors along with treatment adherence within this population...
- Exploring self-management characteristics in youths with type 1 diabetes mellitus: does membership in a glycemic control category matter?Jessica C Kichler
Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1997, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 11:536-43. 2010..g., ideal, satisfactory, and poor) are routinely used in clinical practice, research has not fully explored whether these categories meaningfully distinguish between different self-management characteristics...
- Experiencing type 2 diabetes mellitus: qualitative analysis of adolescents' concept of illness, adjustment, and motivation to engage in self-care behaviorsKatherine S Salamon
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211, USA
Diabetes Educ 38:543-51. 2012..The aims of the study were to gather essential information in order to develop appropriate intervention techniques and inform future studies intended to understand the psychosocial experiences of youths with T2DM...
- Assessing readiness to change the balance of responsibility for managing type 1 diabetes mellitus: adolescent, mother, and father perspectivesAstrida Seja Kaugars
Department of Psychology, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 12:547-55. 2011..This study examined the reliability and validity of items assessing adolescent and parent readiness to change the balance of responsibility for managing type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM)...