Richard A Hopkins
Affiliation: Children's Mercy Hospital
- Pulmonary arterioplasty with decellularized allogeneic patchesRichard A Hopkins
The Children s Mercy Hospital, The Ward Family Heart Center, Kansas City, Missouri Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 97:1407-12. 2014..This study examines the midterm experience with a new decellularized allogeneic patch for congenital cardiac reconstructions...
- Bioengineered human and allogeneic pulmonary valve conduits chronically implanted orthotopically in baboons: hemodynamic performance and immunologic consequencesRichard A Hopkins
Cardiac Regenerative Surgery Research Laboratories, The Ward Family Center for Congenital Heart Disease, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 145:1098-107. 2013..This study assesses in a baboon model the hemodynamics and human leukocyte antigen immunogenicity of chronically implanted bioengineered (decellularized with collagen conditioning treatments) human and baboon heart valve scaffolds...
- Stable partial dehiscence of aortic homograft inserted freehand by using the subcoronary intra-aortic root noncoronary sinus Ross scallop inclusion techniqueRichard Hopkins
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and the Cardiac Surgical Research Institute, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 135:214-6, 216.e1. 2008
- Decellularization reduces calcification while improving both durability and 1-year functional results of pulmonary homograft valves in juvenile sheepRichard A Hopkins
Cardiac Surgery Research Laboratories, The Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 137:907-13, 913e1-4. 2009....
- Pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass adaptations for long-term survival of baboons undergoing pulmonary artery replacementCarrie Whittaker
Cardiac Surgery Research Laboratories, The Ward Family Center for Congenital Heart Disease, The Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Extra Corpor Technol 42:223-31. 2010....
- Performance and morphology of decellularized pulmonary valves implanted in juvenile sheepRachael W Quinn
Cardiac Surgery Research Laboratories of the Ward Center for Congenital Heart Disease of The Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 92:131-7. 2011..The objective of this study was to investigate the performance and morphologic features of decellularized pulmonary valves implanted in the right ventricular outflow tract of juvenile sheep...
- Effects of cryopreservation, decellularization and novel extracellular matrix conditioning on the quasi-static and time-dependent properties of the pulmonary valve leafletGabriel L Converse
Cardiac Surgery Research Laboratories of the Ward Family Center for Congenital Heart Disease, Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Acta Biomater 8:2722-9. 2012..Regardless of processing, creep under biaxial loading was negligible...
- Initial pediatric cardiac experience with decellularized allograft patchesGary K Lofland
Division of Cardiac Surgery, The Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 93:968-71. 2012....
- Advanced polymeric matrix for valvular complicationsGayathri Acharya
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 100:1151-9. 2012..PLLA matrix system loaded with NPs containing NO donors could provide a new platform for sustained and controlled delivery of NO, significantly reducing valvular complications...
- Ovine panel reactive antibody assay of HLA responsivity to allograft bioengineered vascular scaffoldsAra Ketchedjian
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and the Collis Surgical Research Laboratory, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:159-66. 2005..We modified a human flow cytometric panel reactive antibody assay for ovine model use to detect antibody responses to residual antigen-loading decellularized scaffolds engineered from pulmonary artery tissue...