Alan S Gamis
Affiliation: Children's Mercy Hospital
- Increased age at diagnosis has a significantly negative effect on outcome in children with Down syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia: a report from the Children's Cancer Group Study 2891Alan S Gamis
Section of Hematology Oncology Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3415-22. 2003..To determine the outcome of children with Down syndrome (DS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) receiving standard timing chemotherapy without bone marrow transplantation (BMT), with determination of prognostic factors...
- Children's Oncology Group's 2013 blueprint for research: acute myeloid leukemiaAlan S Gamis
Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:964-71. 2013..Pediatr Blood Cancer 2013; 60: 964-971. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Transient myeloproliferative disorder in children with Down syndrome: clarity to this enigmatic disorderAlan S Gamis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Br J Haematol 159:277-87. 2012....
- Natural history of transient myeloproliferative disorder clinically diagnosed in Down syndrome neonates: a report from the Children's Oncology Group Study A2971Alan S Gamis
Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Blood 118:6752-9; quiz 6996. 2011..001). Among all, AML subsequently occurred in 16% at a median of 441 days (range, 118-1085 days). The trial is registered at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00003593...
- Surveys: a tool to provoke thought and identify areas of needAlan S Gamis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 44:205-6. 2005
- Acute myeloid leukemia and Down syndrome evolution of modern therapy--state of the art reviewAlan S Gamis
Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 44:13-20. 2005..Future trials should focus on age-stratified approaches that exploit the greater sensitivity of DS AML to cytarabine...
- CD33 Expression and Its Association With Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin Response: Results From the Randomized Phase III Children's Oncology Group Trial AAML0531Jessica A Pollard
Jessica A Pollard, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME and Tufts University, Boston, MA Michael Loken, Hematologics Irwin D Bernstein and Soheil Meshinchi, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Irwin D Bernstein and Soheil Meshinchi, University of Washington, Seattle, WA Robert B Gerbing and Todd A Alonzo, Children s Oncology Group, Arcadia Todd A Alonzo, Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA Susana C Raimondi, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN Betsy Hirsch, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, MN Richard Aplenc, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA and Alan S Gamis, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO
J Clin Oncol 34:747-55. 2016..GO has shown benefit in both adult and pediatric AML trials, yet limited data exist about whether GO response correlates with CD33 expression level...
- Transient myeloproliferative disorder, a disorder with too few data and many unanswered questions: does it contain an important piece of the puzzle to understanding hematopoiesis and acute myelogenous leukemia?Alan S Gamis
Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:2-5. 2002
- Vitamin supplement use among children with Down's syndrome and risk of leukaemia: a Children's Oncology Group (COG) studyCindy K Blair
University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Division of Pediatric Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 22:288-95. 2008..Future research should include larger sample sizes as well as a full assessment of diet including vitamin supplementation to adequately examine the relation between nutritional status and childhood leukaemia...
- Mutagenesis of GATA1 is an initiating event in Down syndrome leukemogenesisGina Mundschau
Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 101:4298-300. 2003..These results demonstrate that GATA1 is likely to play a critical role in the etiology of TMD, and mutagenesis of GATA1 represents a very early event in DS myeloid leukemogenesis...
- Exposure to medical test irradiation and acute leukemia among children with Down syndrome: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupAmy M Linabery
Division of Pediatric Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pediatrics 118:e1499-508. 2006..We explored the association between medical test irradiation, a postulated leukemogenic agent, and acute leukemia among children with Down syndrome...