James H Feusner
Affiliation: Children's Hospital and Research Center
- Recombinant human erythropoietin in pediatric oncology: a reviewJames Feusner
Children s Hospital Oakland, Oakland, California, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:463-8. 2002..Unfortunately, less is known about the impact of epoetin on anemia in pediatric cancer patients...
- FLT3 mutation incidence and timing of origin in a population case series of pediatric leukemiaPatrick Chang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, UCSF, Helen Diller Cancer Research Building, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
BMC Cancer 10:513. 2010..The causes and timing of the mutations are not currently known. We evaluated the prevalence and timing of origin of FLT3 mutations in a population series of childhood leukemia patients from Northern California...
- Hepatoblastoma and low birth weight: a trend or chance observation?James Feusner
Oncology, Children s Hospital Oakland, Oakland, California 94609, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:508-9. 2002..Several reports have suggested an association between prematurity and hepatoblastoma (HB)...
- Renal failure does not preclude cure in children receiving chemotherapy for Wilms tumor: a report from the National Wilms Tumor Study GroupJames H Feusner
Department of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, Oakland, California, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:242-5. 2008....
- The utility of routine surveillance blood cultures in asymptomatic hematopoietic stem cell transplant patientsBindu Kanathezhath
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Institute Oakland, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:327-31. 2010..The major aim of this study was to determine the utility of the current practice of obtaining surveillance blood cultures from asymptomatic transplant patients upon admission for the preparative regimen...
- Blastic NK-cell-like lymphoma with T-cell receptor gene rearrangementXiao Yuan Liu
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, Oakland, California 94609 1809, USA
Am J Hematol 75:251-3. 2004..The patient has been disease-free till now (more than 12 months following bone marrow transplant). This case may represent a tumor at an early stage of a common developmental pathway for T-cells and NK-cells...
- Malignant abdominal masses in children: quick guide to evaluation and diagnosisCarla B Golden
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Oakland, 747 52nd Street, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 49:1369-92, viii. 2002..This article provides the busy general pediatrician with some guidelines of how to proceed after discovering a suspiciousmass...
- Sorafenib and bevacizumab for recurrent metastatic hepatoblastoma: stable radiographic disease with decreased AFPAnne M Marsh
Department of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, Oakland, California 94609 1809, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:939-40. 2012..Given the response in this setting and the paucity of other available options, consideration could be given to using this combination as therapy in patients with recurrent HB who have failed more traditional agents...
- Birth characteristics and hepatoblastoma risk in young childrenPeggy Reynolds
Environmental Health Investigations Branch, California Department of Health Services, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Cancer 100:1070-6. 2004..With the exception of documented correlations with certain congenital anomalies, the etiology of hepatoblastoma remains largely unknown...
- The Minneapolis-Manchester Quality of Life instrument: Reliability and validity of the Youth FormSmita Bhatia
Division of Pediatric Oncology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
J Pediatr 145:39-46. 2004..We developed the Minneapolis-Manchester Quality of Life-Youth Form (MMQL-YF) as a standardized patient self-report instrument designed to assess HRQoL in childhood cancer survivors between the ages of 8 and 12 years...
- Use of tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) in young children with cancer and dysfunctional central venous cathetersLouis Chesler
Department of Hematology Oncology, Oakland Children s Hospital, 747 52nd Street, Oakland, CA 94609 1809, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:653-6. 2002..To determine the efficacy and safety of low, nonescalating dose tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) in restoring the patency of occluded central venous access devices (CVCs) in children with cancer who weigh less than 30 kg...
- Assessment of health-related quality of life of adolescent cancer patients using the Minneapolis-Manchester Quality of Life Adolescent QuestionnaireEric Wu
Division of Population Sciences, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 48:678-86. 2007..Improved survival after childhood cancer has shifted the focus to health-related quality of life (HRQL)-an understudied problem, especially among adolescents...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in children and adolescents: results from the Pediatric Oncology Group and the Children's Cancer Group intergroup studyHoward M Katzenstein
Department of Pediatrics and Surgery, Northwestern University and Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:2789-97. 2002....
- Fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma in children and adolescentsHoward M Katzenstein
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Cancer 97:2006-12. 2003....
- Childhood cancer following neonatal oxygen supplementationLogan G Spector
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 54555, USA
J Pediatr 147:27-31. 2005..To evaluate the relationship between neonatal oxygen supplementation (O2) and childhood cancer in the Collaborative Perinatal Project (CPP)...
- Hepatoblastoma and low birth weightLogan G Spector
Pediatr Blood Cancer 43:706. 2004
- All-trans retinoic acid in acute promyelocytic leukemia: long-term outcome and prognostic factor analysis from the North American Intergroup protocolMartin S Tallman
Northwestern University, Feinburg School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Blood 100:4298-302. 2002..The improvement in outcome with ATRA in APL was maintained with long-term follow-up...
- The Minneapolis-Manchester Quality of Life instrument: reliability and validity of the Adolescent FormSmita Bhatia
Division of Pediatric Oncology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4692-8. 2002..This report focuses on the development and testing of the MMQL-Adolescent Form...
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia: evolving therapeutic strategiesMartin S Tallman
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Medical School, 676 N St Clair St, Suite 850, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Blood 99:759-67. 2002..As experience with ATRA and arsenic trioxide in patients with APL accumulates, a number of important questions arise that need to be addressed...