Christina E Ciaccio
Affiliation: Children's Mercy Hospital
- Association of tobacco smoke exposure and atopic sensitizationChristina E Ciaccio
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri Electronic address
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 111:387-90. 2013..Early life exposure to ETS also is clearly associated with wheezing. However, there is no clear understanding of the influence of ETS on the development of allergic sensitization...
- Effects of tobacco smoke exposure in childhood on atopic diseasesChristina E Ciaccio
Division of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 13:687-92. 2013..This manuscript will review the effects of tobacco smoke exposure in childhood on the development of asthma and allergic sensitization, and will review practical strategies to assist motivated parents with smoking cessation. ..
- A new model for environmental assessment and exposure reductionChristina E Ciaccio
Center for Environmental Health, Section of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 12:650-5. 2012..By using this model to guide environmental assessments and their corresponding interventions, the root cause of health problems can be addressed, leading to improved quality of life for patients and reduced need for chronic medications...
- Angioedema: an overview and updateChristina E Ciaccio
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, USA
Mo Med 108:354-7. 2011..In 2009, three new treatments for hereditary angioedema were approved for use in the United States, revolutionizing management of this rare disease...
- A comparison of subject room dust with home vacuum dust for evaluation of dust-borne aeroallergensCharles Barnes
Children s Mercy Center for Environmental Health, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 110:375-9. 2013..Collection methods range from grab vacuum samples to filtration devices located in the breathing range of an individual. For practical purposes, many research studies use analysis of collected house dust to evaluate allergen reservoirs...
- Secondhand tobacco smoke exposure in low-income children and its association with asthmaChristina E Ciaccio
Department of Pediatrics and Center for Environmental Health, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 35:462-6. 2014..A large percentage of low-income children in the Kansas City area continue to suffer the adverse effects of SHS. These data support the need for innovative public policy to protect children from such exposure in their home environment. ..
- Periodic Fever syndromesZachary Jacobs
Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 10:398-404. 2010..Recent advances are also discussed...
- Homes of low-income minority families with asthmatic children have increased condition issuesChristina M Pacheco
Center for American Indian Community Health, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 35:467-74. 2014..In this set of 140 low-income homes with an asthmatic child, households of minority individuals had more areas of condition concerns and generally lower income than other families. ..
- Home and school environmental assessment and remediationThomas A Lupoli
Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 9:419-25. 2009..Additional information was obtained from a review of recent textbooks and one professional society's webpage...
- Strategies for primary prevention of atopy in childrenChristina E Ciaccio
Section of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 8:493-9. 2008..Modifying these factors holds promise for stopping the atopic march in the future. This paper reviews advances that have been made in the primary prevention of atopic disease...