Marcia A Chan
Affiliation: Children's Mercy Hospital
- Omalizumab may decrease IgE synthesis by targeting membrane IgE+ human B cellsMarcia A Chan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunology Research, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Clin Transl Allergy 3:29. 2013..In vitro studies and animal models support the hypothesis that omalizumab inhibits IgE synthesis by B cells and causes elimination of IgE-expressing cells either by induction of apoptosis or induction of anergy or tolerance...
- Asthma-related SNP in FCER2 is associated with increased expression of IL-4R on human B cellsM A Chan
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO, USA
Int J Immunogenet 38:533-8. 2011..Our data suggest that the SNP may favour increased IgE production through increased responsiveness to IL-4 in patients possessing this genotype...
- CD23-mediated cell signaling in human B cells differs from signaling in cells of the monocytic lineageMarcia A Chan
Department of Pediatric Immunology Research, Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Clin Immunol 137:330-6. 2010..Activation of the tyrosine kinase Fyn and the serine/threonine kinase Akt were only observed in B cells. These results suggest that the CD23-mediated signal transduction pathways in human B cells and human monocytes are different...
- The role of CD23 in IgE dependent signaling: implications from pharmacogeneticsLanny J Rosenwasser
Allergy Immunology Division, Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 122:27-33. 2011..A discussion of these three findings is presented...
- FCER2 (CD23) asthma-related single nucleotide polymorphisms yields increased IgE binding and Egr-1 expression in human B cellsMarcia A Chan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunology Research, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 50:263-9. 2014..These observations may have implications in mechanisms responsible for the atopic phenotypes observed in patients with asthma who possess this genotype. ..