Aubyn C Stahmer
Affiliation: Child and Adolescent Services Research Center
- Inclusion for toddlers with autism spectrum disorders: the first ten years of a community programAubyn C Stahmer
University of California, San Diego, USA
Autism 15:625-41. 2011..Implications for serving toddlers with autism in inclusive settings and suggestions for future research directions are discussed...
- Developmental and behavioral needs and service use for young children in child welfareAubyn C Stahmer
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Pediatrics 116:891-900. 2005....
- State infant/toddler program policies for eligibility and services provision for young children with autismAubyn C Stahmer
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 34:29-37. 2007..Results indicate few consistencies among states in policies and practices regarding the identification and care of infants and toddlers with autism. The implications of state variation for policy makers are discussed...
- Toward a technology of treatment individualization for young children with autism spectrum disordersAubyn C Stahmer
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Autism Discovery Institute, Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Brain Res 1380:229-39. 2011..This type of research is in its infancy, but is imperative if we are to determine a priori which treatment method will be most effective for a specific child...
- The basic structure of community early intervention programs for children with autism: provider descriptionsAubyn C Stahmer
Department of Psychology, University of California, 9500 Gilman Drive, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 92093 0109, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:1344-54. 2007..Recommendations for using current community program structure to improve use of evidence-based practices are discussed...
- Associations between intensity of child welfare involvement and child development among young children in child welfareAubyn C Stahmer
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center at Rady Children s Hospital, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5033, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Child Abuse Negl 33:598-611. 2009..To examine developmental and behavioral status of children in child welfare (CW) over time, by intensity of CW involvement using a national probability sample...
- Diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders in 2-year-olds: a study of community practiceChristina M Corsello
Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:178-85. 2013....
- Stimulus overselectivity in typical development: implications for teaching children with autismSarah R Reed
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Rady Children s Hospital, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5033, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 43:1249-57. 2013..Results demonstrate that typically developing children under 36 months of age have difficulty responding to multiple cues. Implications for behavioral treatment for autism are discussed...
- Dissemination of evidence-based practice: can we train therapists from a distance?Laurie A Vismara
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Davis, M I N D Institute, University of California, 2825 50th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 39:1636-51. 2009..Implications are discussed in relation to the economic and clinical utility of distance learning...
- Developing the Autism Model of Implementation for autism spectrum disorder community providers: study protocolAmy Drahota
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA
Implement Sci 7:85. 2012....
- What works for you? Using teacher feedback to inform adaptations of pivotal response training for classroom useAubyn C Stahmer
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, Autism Discovery Institute, Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, 3020 Children s Way, San Diego, CA 92123, USA Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0109, USA
Autism Res Treat 2012:709861. 2012..This process of obtaining qualitative feedback from frontline practitioners provides a generalizable model for researchers to collaborate with teachers to optimally promote EBPs for classroom use...
- Accuracy of caregiver identification of developmental delays among young children involved with child welfareMolly Curtin Berkoff
Department of Social Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 27:310-8. 2006....
- Psychotropic medication use among Medicaid-enrolled children with autism spectrum disordersDavid S Mandell
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatrics 121:e441-8. 2008....
- Behavioral approaches to promoting playAubyn C Stahmer
Children s Hospital and Health Center, San Diego, USA org
Autism 7:401-13. 2003..A discussion of expanding behavior techniques to teach more complex play as well as training in varied environments is also presented. References are provided to allow the reader to obtain more in-depth information about each technique...
- Examining Practice Patterns For Children with AutismAubyn Stahmer; Fiscal Year: 2006..This combination of training and research will provide me the necessary background to conduct independent translational research for young children with autism. ..