Victoria H Coleman-Cowger
Affiliation: Chestnut Health Systems
- Changes in tobacco use patterns among adolescents in substance abuse treatmentVictoria H Coleman-Cowger
Chestnut Health Systems, Lighthouse Institute, Normal, IL 61761, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 45:227-34. 2013..Results suggest that adolescents entering substance use treatment may benefit from integrated tobacco cessation interventions that are intensive and occur early in treatment...
- Comparison of the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) and the Global Appraisal of Individual Needs (GAIN) in predicting the effectiveness of drug treatment programs for pregnant and postpartum womenVictoria H Coleman-Cowger
Chestnut Health Systems, Normal, IL, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 44:34-41. 2013..These results suggest that the GAIN is comparable with the ASI and can be used for treatment research with pregnant and postpartum women...
- Mental health treatment need among pregnant and postpartum women/girls entering substance abuse treatmentVictoria H Coleman-Cowger
Chestnut Health Systems, 448 Wylie Drive, Normal, IL 61761, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:345-50. 2012..No mental health treatment acquisition disparity was found by age...
- Smoking cessation intervention for pregnant women: a call for extension to the postpartum periodVictoria H Coleman-Cowger
Lighthouse Institute, Chestnut Health Systems, 448 Wylie Drive, Normal, IL 61761, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:937-40. 2012..Phone-based protocols are promising because they address the need for flexible access, and are known to be effective at increasing quit rates and sustained cessation...
- A randomized controlled trial of telephone continuing careMark D Godley
Research and Development, Chestnut Health Systems, Normal, IL 61761, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 38:74-82. 2010..The high satisfaction ratings and early favorable response among TCC patients suggest the procedure is promising. Further research with larger samples and over a longer period is necessary...