S T Chermack
- Predictors of expressed partner and non-partner violence among patients in substance abuse treatmentS T Chermack
John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 58:43-54. 2000..The results highlight that individuals in substance abuse treatment are at high risk for violence, and targeted screening and intervention approaches should be routine in addictions treatment...
- Gender differences in the development of substance-related problems: the impact of family history of alcoholism, family history of violence and childhood conduct problemsS T Chermack
Psychiatry Service, John D Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Stud Alcohol 61:845-52. 2000....
- Correlates of expressed and received violence across relationship types among men and women substance abusersS T Chermack
Psychiatry Service, John D Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4646 John R Street, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 15:140-51. 2001..Identification of correlates of expressed and received violence in partner and nonpartner relationships is essential for the assessment and treatment of individuals in substance abuse treatment settings...
- Violence among individuals in substance abuse treatment: the role of alcohol and cocaine consumptionStephen T Chermack
John D Dingell VA Medical Center, 4646 John R Street, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 66:29-37. 2002....
- Comparison of patient self-reports and urinalysis results obtained under naturalistic methadone treatment conditionsS T Chermack
John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry 116A, 4646 John R Street, Detroit, MI 48201 1932, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 59:43-9. 2000..Further, the results raise questions about the utility of self-report measures of substance use to assess patient progress or methadone program performance...
- Correlates of received and expressed violence persistence following substance abuse treatmentMaureen A Walton
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 67:1-12. 2002....
- Using the addiction severity index to predict mental and medical health service utilizationJohn M Wryobeck
University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry and Ann Arbor VA Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Addict Dis 25:1-14. 2006..It also was found that certain psychiatric and medical diagnoses were related to service use measures, and that a diagnosis of depression was related to overall healthcare utilization...
- The efficacy of two brief intervention strategies among injured, at-risk drinkers in the emergency department: impact of tailored messaging and brief adviceFrederic C Blow
Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Services Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:568-78. 2006....
- Gender differences in correlates of recent physical assault among untreated rural and urban at-risk drinkers: role of depressionStephen T Chermack
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Violence Vict 21:67-80. 2006..Overall, the results of this study suggest that screening and prevention interventions for physical assault among at-risk drinkers should target both alcohol use disorders and depression...
- Distal and proximal factors related to aggression severity among patients in substance abuse treatment: family history, alcohol use and expectanciesStephen T Chermack
University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry, USA
Addict Behav 31:845-58. 2006....
- Investigating the use of contingency management in the treatment of cocaine abuse among individuals with schizophrenia: a feasibility studyJohn M Roll
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Psychiatry Res 125:61-4. 2004..This early period of sobriety may represent a clinically relevant window of opportunity during which intensive psychosocial or social work interventions might have a greater chance for success...
- Individual and social/environmental predictors of alcohol and drug use 2 years following substance abuse treatmentMaureen A Walton
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, 400 E Eisenhower Parkway, Building 2, Suite A, Ann Arbor 48108 3318, USA
Addict Behav 28:627-42. 2003..Findings highlight differential predictors of posttreatment substance use that may be useful in developing alternative approaches to prevent relapse...
- Diverse research on alcohol and aggression in humans: in memory of John A. CarpenterPeter R Giancola
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506 0044, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:198-208. 2003..Finally, Kenneth E. Leonard presented data on personal and contextual factors influencing alcohol-related barroom violence...
- Prenatal alcohol use: the role of lifetime problems with alcohol, drugs, depression, and violenceHeather A Flynn
Department of Psychiatry, Rachel Upjohn Building, University of Michigan, 4250 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5766, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:500-9. 2008....