Affiliation: Changes in Health Care Financing and Organization
- Medicare Advantage and the impact of Medicare HMOs on inpatient utilizationJenny Minott
Changes in Health Care Financing and Organization HCFO, USA
Find Brief 10:1-3. 2007..2) California group and staff HMO enrollees used 18 percent fewer inpatient days than had they continued in Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) plans, with an 11 percent reduction for independent practice association (IPA) HMO enrollees...
- Informing the debate: are single specialty hospitals more cost efficient than full-service hospitals?Jenny Minott
Changes in Health Care Financing and Organization, AcademyHealth, USA
Find Brief 11:1-3. 2008..2) There was not a significant difference between cardiac SSH and full-service hospital cost inefficiency. (3) There was a significant difference between orthopedic/surgical SSH and full-service hospital cost inefficiency...
- Getting tools used: lessons learned from successful decision support tools unrelated to health careJenny Minott
AcademyHealth, Changes in Health Care Financing and Organization, USA
Find Brief 12:1-6. 2009..In addition, there must be a thoughtful approach to building consumer trust accompanied by a long-term funding commitment or revenue model that will enable decision support tools to become a familiar, expected aspect of health care..
- What are the costs to physicians of administrative complexity in their interactions with payers?Jenny Minott
Changes in Health Care Financing and Organziation HCFO, USA
Find Brief 13:1-3. 2010..When this average is multiplied by the number of physicians practicing in the United States, the total cost of physicians' interactions with health plans is $31.0 billion...
- The group employed model as a foundation for health care delivery reformJenny Minott
Issue Brief (Commonw Fund) 83:1-24. 2010..These organizations provide important lessons for health care delivery system reform...
- Does Medicaid managed care market penetration impact provider participation, costs, utilization, and access?Jenny Minott
Changes in Health Care Financing and Organization, USA
Find Brief 13:1-4. 2010..2) An increase in Medicaid-dominant HMO market penetration increased the probability that individuals reported using the ED as their primary source of care...