Joshua J Ofman
Affiliation: Cerner Corporation
- Development and validation of a grading system for the quality of cost-effectiveness studiesChiun Fang Chiou
Zynx Health Inc, Cerner Corporation, Beverly Hills, California 90212, USA
Med Care 41:32-44. 2003..To provide a practical quantitative tool for appraising the quality of cost-effectiveness (CE) studies...
- Examining the value and quality of health economic analyses: implications of utilizing the QHESJoshua J Ofman
Zynx Health Inc, 9100 Wilshire Blvd, East Tower, Suite 655, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 9:53-61. 2003..To examine the increasing use of health economic studies and practical implications of evaluating their quality utilizing the Quality of Health Economic Studies (QHES) instrument...
- A randomized trial of an acid-peptic disease management program in a managed care environmentJoshua J Ofman
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Am J Manag Care 9:425-33. 2003..To study the effectiveness of a disease management program for patients with acid-related disorders...
- Decision making in gastroesophageal reflux disease. What are the critical issues?Joshua J Ofman
Department of Medicine, Division of Health Services Research and Gastroenterology, Cedars Sinai Health System, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 31:S67-76. 2002..The results of prospective effectiveness trials are anticipated to validate the findings of these economic analyses...
- Does disease management improve clinical and economic outcomes in patients with chronic diseases? A systematic reviewJoshua J Ofman
Cedars Sinai Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Med 117:182-92. 2004..To assess the clinical and economic effects of disease management in patients with chronic diseases...
- Impairment in work productivity and health-related quality of life in patients with IBSBonnie B Dean
Cerner Health Insights, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:S17-26. 2005..Reduced work productivity and diminished QOL of these magnitudes may have substantial financial impact on employers...
- Physician attitudes toward strategies to promote the adoption of medical evidence into clinical practiceJeff Borenstein
Department of Medicine and Health Services Research, Cedars Sinai Health System, and Zynx Health Inc, Los Angeles, Calif 90212, USA
Am J Manag Care 9:225-34. 2003..Data describing the effectiveness of different strategies to achieve this goal in real-world settings are limited...
- Effectiveness of disease management programs in depression: a systematic reviewEnkhe Badamgarav
Zynx Health, 9100 Wilshire Blvd, East Tower, Suite 655, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:2080-90. 2003..The authors systematically evaluated the published evidence to assess the effectiveness of disease management programs in depression...
- A systematic review of diabetes disease management programsKevin Knight
PHAR, LLC, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:242-50. 2005..To systematically evaluate and synthesize published evidence regarding the effect of disease management programs for patients with diabetes mellitus on processes and outcomes of care...
- Quality of life in managed care patients with irritable bowel syndromeAlisa Wilson
Zynx Health Inc, Los Angeles, California, USA
Manag Care Interface 17:24-8, 34. 2004..2 +/- 35.4) and vitality (33.7 +/- 19.2). In multivariate regression models controlling for age, sex, work status and education, severity of abdominal discomfort/pain was a significant independent predictor of QoL...
- Minimizing complications from nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs: cost-effectiveness of competing strategies in varying risk groupsBrennan M R Spiegel
Veteran s Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Arthritis Rheum 53:185-97. 2005..To appraise the cost-effectiveness of competing therapeutic strategies in patient cohorts eligible for aspirin prophylaxis with varying degrees of gastrointestinal (GI) and cardiovascular risk...
- The use of rheumatoid arthritis health-related quality of life patient questionnaires in clinical practice: lessons learnedSimcha M Russak
Zynx Health Incorporated, Beverly Hills, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 49:574-84. 2003....
- Meta-analysis of dyspepsia and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugsJoshua J Ofman
Cedars Sinai Health System and Zynx Health Inc, Los Angeles, California 90212, USA
Arthritis Rheum 49:508-18. 2003..Using published and unpublished data sources, we sought to determine estimates of the risks of dyspepsia associated with NSAIDs...
- Effectiveness of proton pump inhibitors in nonerosive reflux diseaseBonnie B Dean
Cerner Health Insights, Beverly Hills, California 90212, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:656-64. 2004..We aimed to synthesize available data and determine the effectiveness of PPIs on symptom resolution in patients with NERD...
- Utilization of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and antisecretory agents: a managed care claims analysisJoshua J Ofman
Department of Medicine, Zynx Health A Cerner Company, Beverly Hills, California 90212, USA
Am J Med 116:835-42. 2004....
- The economic and quality-of-life impact of symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux diseaseJoshua J Ofman
Department of Medicine, Division of Health Services Research and Gastroenterology, Cedars Sinai Health System, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 98:S8-S14. 2003..Furthermore, these management strategies must be implemented in real world settings to validate their effectiveness and firmly establish claims of reduced need for diagnostic testing and decreased direct medical costs...
- The limited incorporation of economic analyses in clinical practice guidelinesJoel F Wallace
Zynx Health Incorporated, a subsidiary of Cedars Sinai Health System, Cedars Sinai Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 17:210-20. 2002..Because there is increasing concern that economic data are not used in the clinical guideline development process, our objective was to evaluate the extent to which economic analyses are incorporated in guideline development...
- Reading and interpreting economic evaluations in rheumatoid arthritis: an assessment of selected instruments for critical appraisalMichael H Weisman
Evidence Based Medicine Working Groups in Rheumatology, Beverly Hills, CA, USA
J Rheumatol 30:1739-47. 2003..To describe and compare the relative attributes (reliability, ease of use, applicability, and relevance) of different assessment tools for economic analyses as they pertain to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) literature...
- Dyspepsia management in primary care: a decision analysis of competing strategiesBrennan M R Spiegel
Department of Medicine and Health Services Research, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gastroenterology 122:1270-85. 2002
- Interventions used in disease management programmes for patients with chronic illness-which ones work? Meta-analysis of published reportsScott R Weingarten
Zynx Health, 9100 Wilshire Boulevard 665E, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, USA
BMJ 325:925. 2002..To systematically evaluate the published evidence regarding the characteristics and effectiveness of disease management programmes...
- Minimizing recurrent peptic ulcer hemorrhage after endoscopic hemostasis: the cost-effectiveness of competing strategiesBrennan M R Spiegel
Department of Digestive Diseases, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 98:86-97. 2003..Our objective was to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of competing strategies for the posthemostasis management of patients with high risk ulcer stigmata...
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease--should we adopt a new conceptual framework?Ronnie Fass
Department of Medicine, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System, and Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson 85723, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1901-9. 2002....
- Erythropoiesis-stimulating protein therapy and the decline of renal function: a retrospective analysis of patients with chronic kidney diseaseBonnie B Dean
Cerner Health Insights, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 21:981-7. 2005..The study objective was to determine whether treatment with erythropoiesis-stimulating proteins (ESPs) can curb the rate of decline in renal function in predialysis patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Development of a new instrument for rheumatoid arthritis: the Cedars-Sinai Health-Related Quality of Life instrument (CSHQ-RA)Michael H Weisman
Cedars Sinai Health System, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Arthritis Rheum 49:78-84. 2003....
- Suspected inflammatory bowel disease--the clinical and economic impact of competing diagnostic strategiesMarla C Dubinsky
Department of Pediatrics, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2333-42. 2002....
- Economic and utilization outcomes associated with choice of treatment for venous thromboembolism in hospitalized patientsKevin K Knight
Cerner Health Insights, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, USA
Value Health 8:191-200. 2005....
- The clinical and economic impact of competing management strategies for gastro-oesophageal reflux diseaseJoshua J Ofman
Departments of Medicine and Health Services Research, Division of Gastroenterology, Cedars Sinai Health System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:261-73. 2002..A high dose proton pump inhibitor trial (the "proton pump inhibitor test") has been shown to be an accurate diagnostic alternative, and may be an efficient initial approach to patients with GERD symptoms...
- Effects of disease management programs on functional status of patients with rheumatoid arthritisEnkhe Badamgarav
Zynx Health Incorporated, Los Angeles, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 49:377-87. 2003..To perform a systematic review of the published literature on disease management of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and to use meta-analysis to estimate the magnitude of benefit these programs have on functional status in patients with RA...
- Do NSAIDs cause dyspepsia? A meta-analysis evaluating alternative dyspepsia definitionsWalter L Straus
AHCPR Southern California Evidence Based Practice Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1951-8. 2002..Using alternative definitions, we assessed the relationship between NSAID use and dyspepsia...
- Identifying patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease: validation of a practical screening toolJoshua J Ofman
Cedars Sinai Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:1863-9. 2002..This may serve as a valuable case-finding instrument in primary-care and managed-care organizations wishing to implement programs to improve the quality and efficiency of care...
- The economic consequences of irritable bowel syndrome: a US employer perspectiveStephanie A Leong
Analysis Group Economics, Boston, MA 02199, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:929-35. 2003....
- Irritable bowel syndrome, health care use, and costs: a U.S. managed care perspectiveGeorge F Longstreth
Southern California Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Plan, San Diego, California, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 98:600-7. 2003....
- Epoetin alfa use in patients with ESRD: an analysis of recent US prescribing patterns and hemoglobin outcomesAllan J Collins
Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:481-8. 2005..Our objective is to examine epoetin alfa prescribing patterns for achieving the target hemoglobin level range in this population...