William E Ackerman
Affiliation: Central Baptist Hospital
- Serum hs-CRP as a useful marker for predicting the efficacy of lumbar epidural steroid injections on pain relief in patients with lumbar disc herniationsWilliam E Ackerman
Pain Medicine Consultants, Little Rock, AR 72223, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 104:295-9. 2006....
- Recurrent postoperative CRPS I in patients with abnormal preoperative sympathetic functionWilliam E Ackerman
United Pain Medicine, P A, Sherwood, AR 72120, USA
J Hand Surg Am 33:217-22. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate preoperative and postoperative sympathetic function and the recurrence of complex regional pain syndrome type I (CRPS I) in patients after repeat carpal tunnel surgery...
- Efficacy of stellate ganglion blockade for the management of type 1 complex regional pain syndromeWilliam E Ackerman
Pain Medicine Consultants PA, Little Rock, AR, USA
South Med J 99:1084-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to examine the efficacy of stellate ganglion blockade (SGB) in patients with complex regional pain syndromes (CRPS I) of their hands...
- Paroxysmal opioid-induced pain and hyperalgesiaWilliam E Ackerman
Central Baptist Pain Medicine Section, Neurosciences Center, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 104:419-23. 2006
- The efficacy of lumbar epidural steroid injections in patients with lumbar disc herniationsWilliam E Ackerman
Pain Medicine Consultants P A, Little Rock, Arkansas 72223, USA
Anesth Analg 104:1217-22, tables of contents. 2007..In this study we sought to determine the efficacy of these techniques for the management of radicular pain associated with lumbar disk herniations...
- Pain medicine and the injectionist: we need to preserve our specialtyWilliam E Ackerman
Reg Anesth Pain Med 30:211-2. 2005
- Effect of cigarette smoking on serum hydrocodone levels in chronic pain patientsWilliam E Ackerman
J Ark Med Soc 104:19-21. 2007..The results of this study suggest that cigarette smoking adversely affects serum hydrocodone levels. Prescribing physicians should be aware that in some cigarette smokers, serum hydrocodone levels might not be detectible...
- Effect of gender on pain perception and pharmacologic managementWilliam E Ackerman
J Ark Med Soc 103:115-6. 2006
- Weekend-trained injectionistsWilliam E Ackerman
J Ark Med Soc 102:125. 2005
- Pain relief with intraarticular or medial branch nerve blocks in patients with positive lumbar facet joint SPECT imaging: a 12-week outcome studyWilliam E Ackerman
United Pain Care, Sherwood, AR 72120, USA
South Med J 101:931-4. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare the effectiveness of intraarticular and medial branch nerve blocks in SPECT-positive lumbar facet joint patients with nonradicular lower back pain...