Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cost-effectiveness of alternative thresholds of the fasting plasma glucose test to identify the target population for type 2 diabetes prevention in adults aged ≥45 yearsXiaohui Zhuo
Corresponding author Xiaohui Zhuo
Diabetes Care 36:3992-8. 2013..The study objective was to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of alternative fasting plasma glucose (FPG) thresholds to identify adults at high risk for type 2 diabetes for diabetes preventive intervention...
- Alternative HbA1c cutoffs to identify high-risk adults for diabetes prevention: a cost-effectiveness perspectiveXiaohui Zhuo
Division of Diabetes Translation, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:374-81. 2012..New recommendations about the use of hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) for diagnosing diabetes have stimulated a debate about the optimal HbA1c cutoff to identify prediabetes for preventive intervention...
- Lifetime direct medical costs of treating type 2 diabetes and diabetic complicationsXiaohui Zhuo
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Prev Med 45:253-61. 2013..Lifetime direct medical cost of treating type 2 diabetes and diabetic complications in the U.S. is unknown...
- Medicare Part D is associated with reducing the financial burden of health care services in Medicare beneficiaries with diagnosed diabetesRui Li
Division of Diabetes Translation, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Boston, MA
Med Care 51:888-93. 2013..Medicare Part D, implemented in 2006, provided coverage for prescription drugs to all Medicare beneficiaries...
- A nationwide community-based lifestyle program could delay or prevent type 2 diabetes cases and save $5.7 billion in 25 yearsXiaohui Zhuo
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:50-60. 2012..Our results also indicate that although a prevention program would lead to cost savings in both younger and older people, it would achieve greater health and economic gains if it were directed at people under age sixty-five...
- Implications of risk stratification for diabetes prevention: the case of hemoglobin A1cEdward W Gregg
Division of Diabetes Translation, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 44:S375-80. 2013....