Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Neighborhood commuting environment and obesity in the United States: an urban-rural stratified multilevel analysisXingyou Zhang
Division of Population Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 59:31-6. 2014....
- Trends in adult current asthma prevalence and contributing risk factors in the United States by state: 2000-2009Xingyou Zhang
Division of Population Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Mailstop F78, Atlanta 30341, GA USA
BMC Public Health 13:1156. 2013..Although national-level estimates indicate that asthma prevalence among adults increased by 33% from 2000 to 2009, state-specific temporal trends of current asthma prevalence and their contributing risk factors have not been explored...
- A multilevel approach to estimating small area childhood obesity prevalence at the census block-group levelXingyou Zhang
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy, NE, MS K67, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E68. 2013..This study applied a geocoded national health survey in a multilevel modeling framework to estimate prevalence of childhood obesity at the census block-group level...
- Low usage of government healthcare facilities for acute respiratory infections in guatemala: implications for influenza surveillanceKim A Lindblade
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta GA, 30333 USA
BMC Public Health 11:885. 2011..The objective of this study was to measure healthcare utilization patterns in Guatemala to inform the establishment of a sentinel surveillance system for influenza and other respiratory infections, and allow estimation of disease burden...
- Modeling spatial accessibility to parks: a national studyXingyou Zhang
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Health Geogr 10:31. 2011....
- COPD surveillance--United States, 1999-2011Earl S Ford
Division of Population Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Chest 144:284-305. 2013..Declines in the age-adjusted prevalence, death rate in men, and hospitalizations for COPD since 1999 suggest progress in the prevention of COPD in the United States...
- Putting surveillance data into context: the role of health care utilization surveys in understanding population burden of pneumonia in developing countriesMeredith Deutscher
Respiratory Diseases Branch, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Epidemiol Glob Health 2:73-81. 2012..Surveillance is essential to estimating the global burden of pneumonia, yet differences in surveillance methodology and health care-seeking behaviors limit inter-country comparisons...
- Geographic disparities in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) hospitalization among Medicare beneficiaries in the United StatesJames B Holt
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 6:321-8. 2011..Despite well-documented sociodemographic disparities in COPD outcomes, no study has characterized geographic variations in COPD hospitalization across the US...