Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- HIV-1 drug resistance emergence among breastfeeding infants born to HIV-infected mothers during a single-arm trial of triple-antiretroviral prophylaxis for prevention of mother-to-child transmission: a secondary analysisClement Zeh
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Kisumu, Kenya
PLoS Med 8:e1000430. 2011..Here, we present findings from a KiBS trial secondary analysis that evaluated the emergence of maternal ARV-associated resistance among 32 HIV-infected breastfed infants...
- Performance of six commercial enzyme immunoassays and two alternative HIV-testing algorithms for the diagnosis of HIV-1 infection in Kisumu, Western KenyaC Zeh
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Kisumu, Kenya
J Virol Methods 176:24-31. 2011..This alternative algorithm is reliable and reduces the occurrence of both false negatives and positives. The serial testing algorithm was more cost effective for diagnosing HIV infections in this population...
- Population-based biochemistry, immunologic and hematological reference values for adolescents and young adults in a rural population in Western KenyaClement Zeh
U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC Kenya, Kisumu, Kenya
PLoS ONE 6:e21040. 2011..Our aim was to establish clinical laboratory reference values for African adolescents and young adults that can be used in clinical trials and for patient management...
- CD4, viral load response, and adherence among antiretroviral-naive breast-feeding women receiving triple antiretroviral prophylaxis for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Kisumu, KenyaJully A Okonji
Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute US CDC Research and Public Health, Kisumu, Kenya
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:249-57. 2012..We evaluated virologic, immunologic responses, and adherence among women receiving maternal triple ARV prophylaxis consisting of lamivudine/zidovudine and nevirapine or nelfinavir in the Kisumu Breastfeeding Study...
- Field evaluation of a broadly sensitive HIV-1 in-house genotyping assay for use with both plasma and dried blood spot specimens in a resource-limited countrySeth Inzaule
Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
J Clin Microbiol 51:529-39. 2013....
- Central African hunters exposed to simian immunodeficiency virusMarcia L Kalish
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1928-30. 2005..001). One person had strong humoral and weak cellular immune reactivity to SIVcol peptides. Humans are exposed to and possibly infected with SIV, which has major public health implications...
- Triple-antiretroviral prophylaxis to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission through breastfeeding--the Kisumu Breastfeeding Study, Kenya: a clinical trialTimothy K Thomas
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Us centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
PLoS Med 8:e1001015. 2011....
- Rash, hepatotoxicity and hyperbilirubinemia among Kenyan infants born to HIV-infected women receiving triple-antiretroviral drugs for the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmissionTimothy D Minniear
Epidemic Intelligence Service and Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:1155-7. 2012..From an infant-safety perspective, nevirapine-based regimens given during pregnancy and breast-feeding are viable options where alternatives to breast milk are not safe, affordable or feasible...