Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Are all lyssavirus genes equal for phylogenetic analyses?Xianfu Wu
Rabies Program PRB, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Virus Res 129:91-103. 2007....
- Live attenuated rabies virus co-infected with street rabies virus protects animals against rabiesXianfu Wu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS G33, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 29:4195-201. 2011..Overall, this highly attenuated live rabies virus offered better protection than the inactivated vaccine...
- Development of combined vaccines for rabies and immunocontraceptionXianfu Wu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Rabies Program PRB DVRD CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 27:7202-9. 2009..The recombinant viruses reacted strongly with the serum from a GonaCon-immunized animal. The GnRH-carrying rabies viruses have significant potential in rabies and animal population control...
- Reemerging rabies and lack of systemic surveillance in People's Republic of ChinaXianfu Wu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1159-64. 2009..A laboratory diagnosis-based epidemiologic surveillance system can provide substantial information about disease transmission and effective prevention strategies...
- Glycoprotein gene relocation in rabies virusXianfu Wu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Rabies Program PRB DVRD CDC, Building 17, Room 6045, MS G33, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Virus Res 131:95-9. 2008..The altered glycoprotein gene position in viral genome presented an alternative way to study the pathogenicity of rabies virus. This also provides a potential novel method for rabies vaccine development...
- From brain passage to cell adaptation: the road of human rabies vaccine developmentXianfu Wu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Rabies Program PRB DHCPP NCEZID, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 10:1597-608. 2011..Given the current scenario of only inactivated vaccines for humans, highly cell-adapted and stable, attenuated rabies viruses are ideal candidates for consideration to meet the need for seed viruses in the future...
- Ferret badger rabies origin and its revisited importance as potential source of rabies transmission in Southeast ChinaYe Liu
Key Laboratory of Jilin Province for Zoonosis Prevention and Control, Laboratory of Epidemiology, Veterinary Research Institute, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, 1068 Qinglong Road, Changchun 130062, China
BMC Infect Dis 10:234. 2010....
- Rabies virus pathogenesis in relationship to intervention with inactivated and attenuated rabies vaccinesRichard Franka
Poxvirus and Rabies Branch, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector Borne and Enteric Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 27:7149-55. 2009..Reduced vaccine schedules provided efficacious intervention, regardless of the total number of vaccine doses administered...
- Design of future rabies biologics and antiviral drugsTodd G Smith
Poxvirus and Rabies Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Adv Virus Res 79:345-63. 2011..Considering the lag from creation of new concepts to experimental development and clinical trials, many years will likely elapse between today's ideas and tomorrow's practices...
- Complete genomes of Aravan, Khujand, Irkut and West Caucasian bat viruses, with special attention to the polymerase gene and non-coding regionsIvan V Kuzmin
Rabies Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS G 33 Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Virus Res 136:81-90. 2008..The absence of a flanking transcription initiation signal, as well as Northern and Western blot data, suggests that this region is not independently transcribed but is a part of G mRNA...