Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Risk factors for early syphilis among gay and bisexual men seen in an STD clinic: San Francisco, 2002-2003William Wong
STD HIV Prevention and Care Programs, Chicago Department of Public Health, IL 60616, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:458-63. 2005..Substantial increases in syphilis among gay and bisexual men have been reported in San Francisco...
- The impact of discontinuation of male STD screening services at a large urban county jail: Chicago, 2002-2004Jennifer Broad
Chicago Department of Public Health, STD HIV Prevention and Care Program, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:S49-52. 2009..Before April 2003, all male detainees were offered chlamydia (CT) and gonorrhea (GC) screening tests, after which services were limited to symptom-based testing. In 2003, male screening was discontinued at a large urban county jail...
- Increased nocturnal blood pressure in healthy prepubertal twinsCraig A Jefferies
Department of Paediatrics and Liggins Institute, University of Auckland, New Zealand
J Hypertens 21:1319-24. 2003..To compare ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) in twin children to a published singleton population, and to examine the influence of birthweight and fasting plasma cortisol on blood pressure...
- Expression patterns of vascular endothelial growth factor in human cardiac allografts: association with rejectionMarlies E J Reinders
Department of Medicine, and Department of Pediatrics Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Transplantation 76:224-30. 2003..However, little is known of the expression or function of VEGF in acute and chronic allograft rejection...
- Prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases among Latino immigrant day laborers in an urban setting--San FranciscoWilliam Wong
Epidemic Intelligence Service, State Branch, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, California, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:661-3. 2003..Although rural Latino migrant laborers have been identified as a group at-risk for acquiring HIV, few studies have examined transmitted diseases (STDs) in urban, Latino migrant laborers...
- Prevalence of rectal, urethral, and pharyngeal chlamydia and gonorrhea detected in 2 clinical settings among men who have sex with men: San Francisco, California, 2003Charlotte K Kent
Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:67-74. 2005..However, in most clinical settings, rectal chlamydial testing is not performed for MSM, and primarily sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinics alone perform routine rectal and pharyngeal gonorrhea screening for asymptomatic men...
- The public health response to epidemic syphilis, San Francisco, 1999-2004Jeffrey D Klausner
STD Prevention and Control Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California 94103, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:S11-8. 2005..A multitude of converging risk factors and new environments contributed to the syphilis epidemic, requiring a comprehensive, innovative, and flexible disease-control strategy...
- Activities to increase provider awareness of early syphilis in men who have sex with men in 8 cities, 2000-2004Melaine Taylor
Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:S24-9. 2005..Describe provider awareness campaigns undertaken in response to syphilis epidemics among men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Epidemiologic study and containment of a nosocomial outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in a medical center in Kaohsiung, TaiwanJien Wei Liu
Committee of Infection Control and Division of Infectious Diseases, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, 123 Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien 833, Taiwan
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:466-72. 2006....