Holly Ann Williams
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Discourse on malaria elimination: where do forcibly displaced persons fit in these discussions?Holly A Williams
International Emergency and Refugee Health Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mail Stop F 60, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Malar J 12:121. 2013..6%) live in areas where malaria is transmitted. Historically, national malaria control programmes have excluded displaced populations...
- A community perspective on the efficacy of malaria treatment options for children in Lundazi district, ZambiaH A Williams
Malaria Epidemiology Section, Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Trop Med Int Health 4:641-52. 1999..Parasitological and clinical failure rates reinforced the need to fully implement the changed national policy as soon as possible, and to consider a change in first-line therapy...
- The contribution of social science research to malaria prevention and controlHolly Ann Williams
Partnership for Social Sciences in Malaria Control
Bull World Health Organ 80:251-2. 2002
- A critical review of behavioral issues related to malaria control in sub-Saharan Africa: what contributions have social scientists made?H A Holly Ann Williams
Malaria Epidemiology Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mail Stop F 22, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30345, USA
Soc Sci Med 59:501-23. 2004....
- The process of changing national malaria treatment policy: lessons from country-level studiesHolly Ann Williams
CDC, Mail Stop F 22, 4770 Buford Highway NE, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Health Policy Plan 19:356-70. 2004....
- Malaria in Kakuma refugee camp, Turkana, Kenya: facilitation of Anopheles arabiensis vector populations by installed water distribution and catchment systemsM Nabie Bayoh
Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, P, O, Box 1578, Kisumu, Kenya
Malar J 10:149. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate malaria prevalence and attack rate and sources of Anopheles vectors in Kakuma refugee camp, in 2005-2006, after a malaria epidemic was observed by staff at camp clinics...
- Dispensary level pilot implementation of rapid diagnostic tests: an evaluation of RDT acceptance and usage by providers and patients--Tanzania, 2005Holly Ann Williams
International Emergency and Refugee Health Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Malar J 7:239. 2008..Without understanding operational issues or acceptance and usage by providers and patients, the costs of these tests may not be justified...
- A retrospective analysis of the change in anti-malarial treatment policy: PeruHolly Ann Williams
Malaria Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Mail Stop F 60, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Malar J 8:85. 2009..Selecting a replacement drug is only one issue in this process. There is a paucity of literature describing successful malaria treatment policy changes to help guide control programs through this process...
- Participation of African social scientists in malaria control: identifying enabling and constraining factorsPaulyne M Ngalame
Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Drive, SW, NCPC Suite 344, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
Malar J 3:47. 2004..To examine the enabling and constraining factors that influence African social scientists involvement in malaria control...