Matthew W Wheeler
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Model uncertainty and risk estimation for experimental studies of quantal responsesA John Bailer
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Risk Anal 25:291-9. 2005..BMA provides excess risk estimates or benchmark dose estimates that reflects model uncertainty...
- An empirical comparison of low-dose extrapolation from points of departure (PoD) compared to extrapolations based upon methods that account for model uncertaintyMatthew W Wheeler
Risk Evaluation Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 4626 Columbia Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA Electronic address
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 67:75-82. 2013..This comparison provides empirical support to accompany previous simulation studies that suggest methods that incorporate model uncertainty provide viable, and arguably preferred, alternatives to linear extrapolation from a PoD. ..
- Monotonic Bayesian semiparametric benchmark dose analysisMatthew Wheeler
Risk Evaluation Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Risk Anal 32:1207-18. 2012....
- Confidence interval construction for relative toxicity endpoints such as LD50 or LD90 ratiosMatthew Wheeler
Risk Education Branch, National Institutional for Occupational Safety and Health, 4676 Columbia Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
J Econ Entomol 100:1945-9. 2007..Results of this study provide empirical support for the continued use this technique...
- Properties of model-averaged BMDLs: a study of model averaging in dichotomous response risk estimationMatthew W Wheeler
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Risk Evaluation Branch, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
Risk Anal 27:659-70. 2007..Although these results show utility of MA for benchmark dose risk estimation, they continue to highlight the importance of choosing an adequate model space as well as proper model fit diagnostics...
- Comparing median lethal concentration values using confidence interval overlap or ratio testsMatthew W Wheeler
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 4676 Columbia Parkway MS 15, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:1441-4. 2006..Thus, a ratio-based statistical procedure is preferred to using simple overlap of two independently derived confidence intervals...
- Contributions of dust exposure and cigarette smoking to emphysema severity in coal miners in the United StatesEileen D Kuempel
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Education and Information Division, Risk Evaluation Branch, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226 1998, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:257-64. 2009..Previous studies have shown associations between dust exposure or lung burden and emphysema in coal miners, although the separate contributions of various predictors have not been clearly demonstrated...
- An approach to risk assessment for TiO2David Dankovic
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226, USA
Inhal Toxicol 19:205-12. 2007..Bayesian model averaging techniques are now being explored as a method for combining the various estimates into a single estimate, with a confidence interval expressing model uncertainty...
- Benchmark dose estimation incorporating multiple data sourcesMatthew W Wheeler
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Risk Evaluation Branch, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Risk Anal 29:249-56. 2009..Failing to account for such heterogeneity may result in estimates having confidence intervals that are overly narrow...
- A simulation study of methods for constructing confidence intervals for bioaccumulation factorsMatthew W Wheeler
Center for Environmental Toxicology and Statistics, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 22:921-7. 2003..Thus, the delta method is preferable when the above sampling time condition is met; however, in all other cases, Fieller's method should be used...