Jay D Wenger
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Improving polio vaccination during supplementary campaigns at areas of mass transit in IndiaNaman K Shah
School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
BMC Public Health 10:243. 2010....
- Invasive pneumococcal disease in Alaskan children: impact of the seven-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and the role of water supplyJay D Wenger
Arctic Investigations Program, National Center for Preparedness, Detection and Control of Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Anchorage, Alaska 99508, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:251-6. 2010..Rates of IPD declined after statewide introduction of the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7) in 2001, but increased in subsequent years...
- 2009 Pandemic influenza A H1N1 in Alaska: temporal and geographic characteristics of spread and increased risk of hospitalization among Alaska Native and Asian/Pacific Islander peopleJay D Wenger
Arctic Investigations Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Anchorage, Alaska 99508, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S189-97. 2011..Alaska Native people and other minorities remain at high risk for early and substantial morbidity from pandemic influenza episodes. These findings should be integrated into plans for distribution and use of vaccine and antiviral agents...
- Haemophilus influenzae serotype a invasive disease, Alaska, USA, 1983-2011Michael G Bruce
Arctic Investigations Program, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Anchorage, Alaska 99507, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 19:932-7. 2013..Since introduction of the Hib conjugate vaccine, Hia infection has become a major invasive bacterial disease in Alaska Native children...
- Molecular characterization of Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 12F isolates associated with rural community outbreaks in AlaskaTammy Zulz
Arctic Investigations Program, DPEI, NCEZID, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Anchorage, Alaska, USA
J Clin Microbiol 51:1402-7. 2013..Larger population centers might have been the reservoir for these clones. This epidemiologic pattern is consistent with a highly virulent, but immunogenic, form of pneumococcus...
- Rapid assessment tool for Haemophilus influenzae type b disease in developing countriesDaniel R Feikin
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1270-6. 2004..Results were affected by the quality of available data. The Hib rapid assessment tool can be useful to countries that desire a timely assessment of Hib disease rates...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus-associated hospitalizations among the American Indian and Alaska native populationKathy K Byrd
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, United States Department of Health and Human Services USDHHS, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:1009-15. 2009..We describe MRSA-associated hospitalizations among the approximately 1.6 million AI/ANs who receive care at Indian Health Service health care facilities nationwide...
- Poliovirus vaccination options for achieving eradication and securing the endgameConcepcion F Estivariz
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Curr Opin Virol 3:309-15. 2013..In this communication, we will discuss polio vaccination options to accelerate eradication, to mitigate the risks during the planned withdrawal of type 2 OPV, and to secure eradication for future generations. ..
- Trends in lower respiratory tract infection hospitalizations among American Indian/Alaska Native children and the general US child populationRosalyn J Singleton
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
J Pediatr 161:296-302.e2. 2012..To describe trends in the rate of hospitalization for lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI) among American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) children and the general US population of children aged <5 years...
- Modeling insights into Haemophilus influenzae type b disease, transmission, and vaccine programsMichael L Jackson
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 18:13-20. 2012....