Michael L Washington
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Evaluating the capability and cost of a mass influenza and pneumococcal vaccination clinic via computer simulationMichael L Washington
Department of the Navy, Navy Medical Support Command, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Med Decis Making 29:414-23. 2009..To determine if a mass influenza/pneumococcal vaccination clinic could vaccinate 15,000 clients in 17 h; optimize personnel configuration to maximize number of clients vaccinated; and estimate costs (opportunity and clinic) and revenue...
- A personnel time-motion study of intranasal influenza vaccination in healthy childrenMichael L Washington
Health Services Research and Evaluation Branch, Immunization Services Division, MS E52, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Vaccine 23:4879-85. 2005..Total family visit time decreased by 64 s if the youngest child was receiving a second dose. Alternative delivery systems (e.g., group visits) are needed to take advantage of short vaccination times...
- Do patterns of knowledge and attitudes exist among unvaccinated seniors?Barbara H Bardenheier
Immunization Services Division, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, MS E 52, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Health Behav 30:675-83. 2006..To examine patterns of knowledge and attitudes among adults aged > 65 years unvaccinated for influenza...
- Cost savings associated with using immunization information systems for Vaccines for Children administrative tasksDiana L Bartlett
Immunization Services Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 13:559-66. 2007..If applied to the 218 enrolled private practices statewide, this would result in a median total cost savings of $17,615 ($15,519 for reports and $2,096 for pulling medical charts)...
- Parental knowledge, attitudes, and practices associated with not receiving hepatitis A vaccine in a demonstration project in Butte County, CaliforniaBarbara Bardenheier
Immunization Services Division, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 112:e269. 2003..To determine hepatitis A vaccination coverage and factors associated with not receiving hepatitis A vaccine among children...
- Maxi-Vac: planning mass smallpox vaccination clinicsMichael L Washington
Immunization Services Division, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:542-9. 2005..Users can alter the number of available staff, which will probably be the greatest limiting factor, to determine the impact on the number of persons vaccinated per 24-hour period...
- Interdisciplinary epidemiologic and economic research needed to support a universal childhood influenza vaccination policyMargaret S Coleman
Health Services Research and Evaluation Branch, Immunization Services Division, National Immunization Program, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Epidemiol Rev 28:41-6. 2006....
- Influenza vaccination of health care workers: policies and practices of hospitals in a community settingJulie A Gazmararian
Emory Center on Health Outcomes and Quality, Department of Health Policy and Management, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Infect Control 35:441-7. 2007....
- A tool for the economic analysis of mass prophylaxis operations with an application to H1N1 influenza vaccination clinicsBo Hyun Cho
Carter Consulting, Inc, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 17:E22-8. 2011..Results from pilot tests with school-based H1N1 influenza vaccination clinic managers are described. The tool can also contribute to planning efforts for universal seasonal influenza vaccination...
- Temporary vaccine recommendations and provider compliance: a survey of pediatric practices during the 2003-2004 pneumococcal conjugate vaccine shortageHolly Groom
Immunization Services Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 122:e835-40. 2008..The objective of this study was to collect timely data about awareness and adherence to temporary recommendations and current supply status of heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in pediatric practices...
- Underimmunization of American Indian and Alaska Native childrenAmy V Groom
Immunization Services Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 121:938-44. 2008..The goal was to determine whether disparities in childhood immunization coverage exist between American Indian/Alaska Native children and non-Hispanic white children...
- Frequency and causes of vaccine wastageSabeena Setia
National Immunization Program, Vaccine Safety and Development Branch, Epidemiology and Surveillance Division E 61, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 20:1148-56. 2002..Assessing the frequency of vaccine wastage and the relative magnitude of its various causes may help to target efforts to reduce these losses and to husband funds for increasingly expensive vaccines...
- Time spent by primary care practices on pediatric influenza vaccination visits: implications for universal influenza vaccinationPeter G Szilagyi
Department of Pediatrics, Strong Memorial Hospital, Box 632, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 157:191-5. 2003....
- Extraimmunization in children through 2000Tara W Strine
JAMA 287:588-9. 2002