Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Treatment of latent tuberculosis infectionAndrew Vernon
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Clinical Research Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC OID Office of Infectious Diseases NCHHSTP National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 34:67-86. 2013....
- Lack of weight gain and relapse risk in a large tuberculosis treatment trialAwal Khan
TBTC Data and Coordinating Center, Clinical and Health System Research Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:344-8. 2006..Readily identified markers of tuberculosis relapse risk are needed, particularly in resource-limited settings. The association between weight gain or loss during antituberculosis therapy and relapse has not been well studied...
- Isoniazid-associated hepatitis and antiretroviral drugs during tuberculosis prophylaxis in hiv-infected adults in BotswanaZegabriel Tedla
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Mailstop E 10, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:278-85. 2010..Little is known about the incidence of isoniazid-associated hepatitis in HIV-infected Africans who receive both isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) and antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- The association between symptoms and microbiologically defined response to tuberculosis treatmentCraig M Hales
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Am Thorac Soc 10:18-25. 2013..The lack of consistent associations between clinical outcomes and microbiological responses to therapy for some infectious diseases has raised questions about the adequacy of microbiological endpoints for tuberculosis treatment trials...
- A prospective, randomized, double-blind study of the tolerability of rifapentine 600, 900, and 1,200 mg plus isoniazid in the continuation phase of tuberculosis treatmentNaomi N Bock
Division of TB Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30030, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:1526-30. 2002..Further evaluation of the safety and tolerability of rifapentine 1,200 mg is warranted...
- Updated guidelines for using Interferon Gamma Release Assays to detect Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection - United States, 2010Gerald H Mazurek
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 59:1-25. 2010..Specific areas needing additional research are listed...