Jennifer R Verani
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Geographic variation in the sensitivity of recombinant antigen-based rapid tests for chronic Trypanosoma cruzi infectionJennifer R Verani
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:410-5. 2009..The low sensitivity in Peru may be related to parasite strain differences. Chagas disease rapid tests should be field tested in each geographic site before widespread implementation for screening...
- National outbreak of Acanthamoeba keratitis associated with use of a contact lens solution, United StatesJennifer R Verani
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1236-42. 2009..Premarket standardized testing of contact lens solutions for activity against Acanthamoeba spp. is warranted...
- Group B streptococcal disease in infants: progress in prevention and continued challengesJennifer R Verani
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS C 23, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Perinatol 37:375-92. 2010..This article discusses implementation challenges for clinicians caring for pregnant women and newborns and presents an updated algorithm for neonatal management...
- Survey of obstetrician-gynecologists in the United States about Chagas diseaseJennifer R Verani
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:891-5. 2010..quot; Knowledge of Chagas disease among obstetricians-gynecologists in the United States is limited. Greater awareness may help to detect treatable congenital Chagas cases...
- Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease--revised guidelines from CDC, 2010Jennifer R Verani
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC, 1600 Clifton Road, N E, MS C 23, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 59:1-36. 2010..In the absence of a licensed GBS vaccine, universal screening and intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis continue to be the cornerstones of early-onset GBS disease prevention...
- Schistosomiasis among young children in Usoma, KenyaJennifer R Verani
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:787-91. 2011..Schistosomiasis poses a threat to PSAC in endemic areas, and stool exam may underestimate the prevalence of infection. Control programs in such areas should consider PSAC in addition to SAC...
- Virus detection and duration of illness among patients with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus infection in TexasAnil Suryaprasad
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Scientific Education and Professional Development Program Office Proposed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S109-15. 2011..41; 95% CI, .24-.68; P < .001). We detected viral RNA in two participants' stools. All cultures were negative. This investigation suggests that the duration of virus detection was likely similar to the seasonal influenza virus...
- Household transmission of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) and nonpharmaceutical interventions among households of high school students in San Antonio, TexasFleetwood Loustalot
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S146-53. 2011..The 2009 pandemic provided a unique opportunity to study NPIs, and these real-world experiences provide much-needed data to inform pandemic response policy...