Jodi Leigh Vanden Eng
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Temporal trends of sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP) drug-resistance molecular markers in Plasmodium falciparum parasites from pregnant women in western KenyaNnaemeka C Iriemenam
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30329 4018, USA
Malar J 11:134. 2012..SP remains the recommended drug for intermittent preventive treatment for malaria in pregnancy (IPTp) and information on population prevalence of the SP resistance molecular markers in pregnant women is limited...
- Use of handheld computers with global positioning systems for probability sampling and data entry in household surveysJodi L Vanden Eng
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:393-9. 2007..We propose this method as an alternative to the Expanded Program on Immunization cluster sample method when a fast, statistically valid survey is required in an environment with little census information at the enumeration area level...
- Comparison of anaemia and parasitaemia as indicators of malaria control in household and EPI-health facility surveys in MalawiDon P Mathanga
Malaria Alert Centre, College of Medicine, University of Malawi, P Bag 360, Blantyre 3, Malawi
Malar J 9:107. 2010..To date, there are no published evaluations of this recommendation...
- Polymorphisms in genes of interleukin 12 and its receptors and their association with protection against severe malarial anaemia in children in western KenyaLyna Zhang
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector Borne and Enteric Diseases, Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Malar J 9:87. 2010..Based on the biological relevance of IL12 in malaria anaemia, the relationship between genetic polymorphisms of IL12 and its receptors and SMA was examined...
- Assessing bed net use and non-use after long-lasting insecticidal net distribution: a simple framework to guide programmatic strategiesJodi L Vanden Eng
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Global Health, Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, 4770 Buford Hwy MS F 22, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Malar J 9:133. 2010..In order to increase ITN use, it is necessary to devise strategies that accurately identify, differentiate, and target the reasons and types of non-use...
- Impact of mass distribution of free long-lasting insecticidal nets on childhood malaria morbidity: the Togo National Integrated Child Health CampaignDianne J Terlouw
Child and Reproductive Health, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, UK
Malar J 9:199. 2010....
- Bed net ownership in Kenya: the impact of 3.4 million free bed netsAllen Hightower
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Centers for Disease Control, Center for Global Health, Mailstop F22, 4770 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Malar J 9:183. 2010..The feasibility of a distribution strategy aimed at a high-risk target group to meet bed net ownership and usage targets is evaluated...