Eduardo E Valverde
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Correlates of depression among HIV-positive women and men who inject drugsEduardo E Valverde
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:S96-100. 2007..Although depression is common among HIV-positive injection drug users (IDUs), little is known about differences between male and female HIV-positive IDUs...
- Sex risk practices among HIV-positive individuals in Buenos Aires, ArgentinaEduardo E Valverde
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Miami, Florida, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:551-6. 2009....
- Results from a randomized controlled trial of a peer-mentoring intervention to reduce HIV transmission and increase access to care and adherence to HIV medications among HIV-seropositive injection drug usersDavid W Purcell
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:S35-47. 2007..We sought to evaluate the efficacy of an intervention to reduce sexual and injection transmission risk behaviors and to increase utilization of medical care and adherence to HIV medications among this population...
- System and patient barriers to appropriate HIV care for disadvantaged populations: the HIV medical care provider perspectiveEduardo E Valverde
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami School of Medicine, Drenna Waldrop-Valverde, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 17:18-28. 2006..More research needs to be conducted to determine if these disparities reflect differences in the provision of adequate HIV care for disadvantaged individuals...
- Intimate partner violence perpetration against main female partners among HIV-positive male injection drug usersVictoria Frye
Center for Urban Epidemiologic Studies, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:S101-9. 2007..IPV assessment and treatment among HIV-positive men in HIV care is recommended as a way to prevent IPV perpetration and victimization and to reduce potential HIV transmission...
- Participants' descriptions of social support within a multisite intervention for HIV-seropositive injection drug users (INSPIRE)Shannon Gwin Mitchell
Department of Health, Behavior and Society, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:S55-63. 2007....