J Michael Underwood
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- An update on tobacco control initiatives in comprehensive cancer control plansKatherine Dunne
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E107. 2013..We examined CCC plans to determine the extent to which they followed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) tobacco control and funding recommendations...
- Persistent cigarette smoking and other tobacco use after a tobacco-related cancer diagnosisJ Michael Underwood
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Cancer Surviv 6:333-44. 2012..These risks may be even higher among tobacco-related cancer survivors (TRCS). We describe tobacco use behaviors among TRCS, other cancer survivors, and people without a history of cancer...
- Racial and regional disparities in lung cancer incidenceJ Michael Underwood
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Cancer 118:1910-8. 2012..We examined data from 2004 to 2006 for lung cancer incidence rates by demographics, including race and geographic region, to identify potential health disparities...
- Surveillance of demographic characteristics and health behaviors among adult cancer survivors--Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, United States, 2009J Michael Underwood
CDC, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 61:1-23. 2012..Using data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), this report provides a descriptive state-level assessment of demographic characteristics and health behaviors among cancer survivors aged ≥18 years...
- Cervical cancer survivors at increased risk of subsequent tobacco-related malignancies, United States 1992-2008J Michael Underwood
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Cancer Causes Control 23:1009-16. 2012..This study describes the relative risk of developing any subsequent and tobacco-related malignancy among cervical cancer survivors...
- Racial and ethnic differences in health status and health behavior among breast cancer survivors--Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2009Arica White
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Epidemiology and Applied Research Branch, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Cancer Surviv 7:93-103. 2013..We examined racial/ethnic differences in health status and behaviors among female breast cancer survivors compared to females without breast cancer...
- Lung cancer deaths among American Indians and Alaska Natives, 1990-2009Marcus Plescia
Marcus Plescia, Sarah Jane Henley, and J Michael Underwood are with the Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA Anne Pate is with the Chronic Disease Service, Oklahoma State Department of Health, Oklahoma City Kris Rhodes is with the American Indian Cancer Foundation, Minneapolis, MN
Am J Public Health 104:S388-95. 2014..We examined regional differences in lung cancer among American Indians/Alaska Natives (AI/ANs) using linked data sets to minimize racial misclassification...