Rania A Tohme
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Hepatitis C testing, infection, and linkage to care among racial and ethnic minorities in the United States, 2009-2010Rania A Tohme
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 103:112-9. 2013..We estimated rates and determinants of hepatitis C virus (HCV) testing, infection, and linkage to care among US racial/ethnic minorities...
- Evaluation of hepatitis B vaccine immunogenicity among older adults during an outbreak response in assisted living facilitiesRania A Tohme
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 29:9316-20. 2011..We evaluated the seroprotection rates conferred by hepatitis B vaccine among older adults during a response to an outbreak that occurred in multiple ALFs and assessed the influence of demographic and clinical factors on vaccine response...
- Transmission of hepatitis C virus infection through tattooing and piercing: a critical reviewRania A Tohme
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention NCHHSTP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:1167-78. 2012..Youths also should be educated on the need to have tattoos and piercings performed under sterile conditions to avoid HCV infection...
- Is sexual contact a major mode of hepatitis C virus transmission?Rania A Tohme
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Hepatology 52:1497-505. 2010..CONCLUSION: This review should inform, and not distract from, recommendations to reduce the risk of HCV transmission. Health care providers need to pay special attention to sexual transmission of HCV among HIV-infected individuals...
- Hepatitis B vaccination coverage and documented seroprotection among matriculating healthcare students at an academic institution in the United StatesRania A Tohme
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:818-21. 2011..8% had anti-HBs concentration greater than or equal to 10 mIU/mL. Documenting hepatitis B vaccination and anti-HBs concentration among healthcare students is needed to prevent transmission in healthcare settings...
- Acute hepatitis associated with autochthonous hepatitis E virus infection--San Antonio, Texas, 2009Rania A Tohme
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:793-6. 2011..Hepatitis E virus genotype 3a related to US-2 and swine hepatitis E virus strains was isolated from one of the patients, indicating potential food-borne or zoonotic transmission...
- Hepatitis B testing and access to care among racial and ethnic minorities in selected communities across the United States, 2009-2010Dale J Hu
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STDs and TB Prevention NCHHSTP, Atlanta, GA
Hepatology 58:856-62. 2013..More state and federal efforts are needed to screen racial/ethnic minorities, especially foreign-born persons, for HBV and link those with infection to care. (Hepatology 2013;53:856-862). ..
- Laboratory-based surveillance for hepatitis E virus infection, United States, 2005-2012Jan Drobeniuc
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 19:218-22; quiz 353. 2013..0). HEV genotype 3 was characterized from 8 nontravelers and genotypes 1 or 4 from 4 travelers. Clinicians should consider HEV infection in the differential diagnosis of hepatitis, regardless of patient travel history...