Hope M Tiesman
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tiesman H, Gurka K, Konda S, Coben J, Amandus H. Workplace homicides among U.S. women: the role of intimate partner violence. Ann Epidemiol. 2012;22:277-84 pubmed publisher..A large percentage of homicides occurring to women at work are perpetrated by intimate partners. WPV prevention programs should incorporate strategies to prevent and respond to IPV. ..
- Tiesman H, Konda S, Hartley D, Chaumont Menéndez C, Ridenour M, Hendricks S. Suicide in U.S. Workplaces, 2003-2010: a comparison with non-workplace suicides. Am J Prev Med. 2015;48:674-82 pubmed publisher..1 per 1,000,000). The upward trend of suicides in the workplace underscores the need for additional research to understand occupation-specific risk factors and develop evidence-based programs that can be implemented in the workplace. ..
- Tiesman H, Gwilliam M, Konda S, Rojek J, Marsh S. Nonfatal Injuries to Law Enforcement Officers: A Rise in Assaults. Am J Prev Med. 2018;: pubmed publisher..The law enforcement community should energize efforts toward the study of how policing tactics impact both officer and citizen injuries. ..
- Tiesman H, Konda S, Bell J. The epidemiology of fatal occupational traumatic brain injury in the U.S. Am J Prev Med. 2011;41:61-7 pubmed publisher..Additionally, workers aged >65 years in all industries would be a good target for future prevention efforts. ..
- Tiesman H, Konda S, Hendricks S, Mercer D, AMANDUS H. Workplace violence among Pennsylvania education workers: differences among occupations. J Safety Res. 2013;44:65-71 pubmed publisher..Special education teachers have unique workplace hazards. Strategies that protect the special education teacher, while still protecting the special education student should be considered. ..