Julie I Thwing
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Scale-up of home-based management of malaria based on rapid diagnostic tests and artemisinin-based combination therapy in a resource-poor country: results in SenegalSylla Thiam
African Medical and Research Foundation, Nairobi, Kenya
Malar J 11:334. 2012..This paper reports the results of the scale-up in the targeted communities and the impact of the strategy on malaria in the formal health sector...
- Drug dispensing practices during implementation of artemisinin-based combination therapy at health facilities in rural Tanzania, 2002-2005J I Thwing
Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA, USA
Trop Med Int Health 16:272-9. 2011..To assess the degree to which policy changes to artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs) as first-line treatment for uncomplicated malaria translate into effective ACT delivery...
- Success of Senegal's first nationwide distribution of long-lasting insecticide-treated nets to children under five - contribution toward universal coverageJulie I Thwing
Malaria Branch, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 10:86. 2011..2 million LLINs in two phases to children aged 6-59 months. Door-to-door teams visited all households to administer vitamin A and mebendazole, and to give a coupon to redeem later for an LLIN...
- Protective efficacy of malaria case management and intermittent preventive treatment for preventing malaria mortality in children: a systematic review for the Lives Saved ToolJulie Thwing
Malaria Branch, Malaria Branch, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 11:S14. 2011..However, for obvious ethical reasons, their protective efficacy (PE) compared to placebo is unknown and their impact on reducing malaria-attributable mortality has not been quantified...
- In-vivo efficacy of amodiaquine-artesunate in children with uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in western KenyaJ I Thwing
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Trop Med Int Health 14:294-300. 2009..To assess the efficacy of amodiaquine-artesunate in an area with high chloroquine resistance in western Kenya...
- How much malaria occurs in urban Luanda, Angola? A health facility-based assessmentJulie I Thwing
Malaria Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:487-91. 2009..0%; 10/250) (P = 0.03). The prevalence of laboratory-confirmed malaria in febrile patients in Luanda is very low, but increases with distance from the urban center. Prevention and treatment should be focused in surrounding rural areas...