Julie I Thwing
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- "You need to take care of it like you take care of your soul": perceptions and behaviours related to mosquito net damage, care, and repair in SenegalDana K Loll
Center for Communication Programs, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Malar J 13:322. 2014..This study investigated behaviours and motivations for net care and repair behaviours in Senegal with the aim of informing social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) programmes, using the Health Belief Model as a framework...
- Scale-up of home-based management of malaria based on rapid diagnostic tests and artemisinin-based combination therapy in a resource-poor country: results in SenegalSylla Thiam
African Medical and Research Foundation, Nairobi, Kenya
Malar J 11:334. 2012..This paper reports the results of the scale-up in the targeted communities and the impact of the strategy on malaria in the formal health sector...
- Drug dispensing practices during implementation of artemisinin-based combination therapy at health facilities in rural Tanzania, 2002-2005J I Thwing
Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA, USA
Trop Med Int Health 16:272-9. 2011..To assess the degree to which policy changes to artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs) as first-line treatment for uncomplicated malaria translate into effective ACT delivery...
- Success of Senegal's first nationwide distribution of long-lasting insecticide-treated nets to children under five - contribution toward universal coverageJulie I Thwing
Malaria Branch, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 10:86. 2011..2 million LLINs in two phases to children aged 6-59 months. Door-to-door teams visited all households to administer vitamin A and mebendazole, and to give a coupon to redeem later for an LLIN...
- Protective efficacy of malaria case management and intermittent preventive treatment for preventing malaria mortality in children: a systematic review for the Lives Saved ToolJulie Thwing
Malaria Branch, Malaria Branch, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 11:S14. 2011..However, for obvious ethical reasons, their protective efficacy (PE) compared to placebo is unknown and their impact on reducing malaria-attributable mortality has not been quantified...
- In-vivo efficacy of amodiaquine-artesunate in children with uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in western KenyaJ I Thwing
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Trop Med Int Health 14:294-300. 2009..To assess the efficacy of amodiaquine-artesunate in an area with high chloroquine resistance in western Kenya...
- How much malaria occurs in urban Luanda, Angola? A health facility-based assessmentJulie I Thwing
Malaria Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:487-91. 2009..0%; 10/250) (P = 0.03). The prevalence of laboratory-confirmed malaria in febrile patients in Luanda is very low, but increases with distance from the urban center. Prevention and treatment should be focused in surrounding rural areas...