Andra L Teten
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Empathic deficits and alexithymia in trauma-related impulsive aggressionAndra L Teten
Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, MS F 63, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Behav Sci Law 26:823-32. 2008..Consideration of alexithymia in impulsive aggression has implications for its etiology, prevention and treatment...
- Considerations for the definition, measurement, consequences, and prevention of dating violence victimization among adolescent girlsAndra L Teten
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:923-7. 2009..We incorporate research regarding girls' perpetration of dating violence where appropriate and as it relates to prevention...
- Male-to-female sexual aggression among Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam veterans: co-occurring substance abuse and intimate partner aggressionAndra L Teten
Mental Health Care Line, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Trauma Stress 22:307-11. 2009..Posttraumatic stress disorder, an established risk factor for nonsexual partner aggression among veterans, was not associated with sexual aggression...
- Intimate partner aggression perpetrated and sustained by male Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam veterans with and without posttraumatic stress disorderAndra L Teten
Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Interpers Violence 25:1612-30. 2010..Taken together, these results suggest that partner aggression among Iraq and Afghanistan veterans with PTSD may be an important treatment consideration and target for prevention...
- Commentary on Foubert, Godin, & Tatum (2010): the evolution of sexual violence prevention and the urgency for effectivenessAndra Teten Tharp
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Interpers Violence 26:3383-92; author reply 3393-402. 2011..We argue that the problem of sexual violence has created urgency for effective prevention programs and that scientific and prevention standards provide the best foundation to meet this need...
- Characterizing aggression and its association to anger and hostility among male veterans with post-traumatic stress disorderAndra L Teten
Mental Health Care Line, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mil Med 175:405-10. 2010....
- Developing sexual violence prevention strategies by bridging spheres of public healthAlana M Vivolo
Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:1811-4. 2010....
- Violence between therapy-seeking veterans and their partners: prevalence and characteristics of nonviolent, mutually violent, and one-sided violent couplesAndra L Teten
Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd 116 MIR, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:111-27. 2009..Appraisals of marital satisfaction and intimacy were not different based on violence profile. No gender differences emerged in the self-reports of frequency and severity of verbal, physical, and sexual aggression...