Youn K Shim
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevalence and natural history of monoclonal and polyclonal B-cell lymphocytosis in a residential adult populationYoun K Shim
Division of Health Studies, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 72:344-53. 2007..The risk of individuals with MBL progressing to a B-cell malignancy is unknown. Polyclonal B-cell lymphocytosis (PCBL) has not been systematically studied in the general population...
- B cells behaving badlyYoun K Shim
Division of Health Studies, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, GA, USA
Br J Haematol 139:658-62. 2007....
- Parental exposure to pesticides and childhood brain cancer: U.S. Atlantic coast childhood brain cancer studyYoun K Shim
Division of Health Studies, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3737, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1002-6. 2009..The etiology of childhood brain cancer remains largely unknown. However, previous studies have yielded suggestive associations with parental pesticide use...
- Prevalence of monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis: a systematic reviewYoun K Shim
Division of Health Studies, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 78:S10-8. 2010..This report systematically reviews the prevalence of MBL in the context of the populations studied and the evolution of laboratory methods used to define MBL...
- Monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis as a biomarker in environmental health studiesRobert F Vogt
Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Br J Haematol 139:690-700. 2007..This review summarizes the findings from those investigations and discusses the issues related to using MBL as a biomarker in environmental health research and population-based studies...
- Monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis in healthy blood donors: an unexpectedly common findingYoun K Shim
Division of Toxicology and Human Health Sciences, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, GA
Blood 123:1319-26. 2014....
- Potential residential exposure to toxics release inventory chemicals during pregnancy and childhood brain cancerHannah S Choi
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1113-8. 2006..Although the susceptibility of the developing fetus to various chemical exposures is well documented, the role of environmental chemicals in childhood brain cancer etiology is not well understood...
- Overview of monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosisGerald Marti
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research CBER, US Food and Drug Administration FDA, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Br J Haematol 139:701-8. 2007..Environmental health studies suggest that exposure to certain toxins may lead to MBL but further work is needed. MBL is a precursor to CLL but may also regress, remain stable or progress to clinical CLL...